An iconic restaurant chain spanning the globe, Hard Rock Cafe maintains close to 200 locations. Workers often find meaningful jobs in fun and eclectic environments across company operations. Positions remain readily available in cafe establishments, hotels, and casinos.
Facts About Working at Hard Rock Cafe
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hard Rock Cafe?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Kitchen Manager, Sales Associate, Cashier, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, General Manager, Restaurant Operations Manager, Sales and Marketing Manager, Retail Manager, Regional Recruiter, Media Coordinator, Sales Coordinator
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Hard Rock Cafe Job Opportunities
The popular chain serves gourmet variations of Americana cuisine. Teams of servers, cooks, bussers, and dishwashers provide traditional restaurant services in lively, energetic, and highly themed atmospheres. Associates generally deal with loud music playing and high banter among customers throughout shifts. Workers must enjoy the intense surroundings associated with the chain and demonstrate excellent communication and memorization skills in order to gain employment. The company typically issues standard uniforms, which include t-shirts featuring the company insignia and buttons or other pieces of flair.
Most locations also contain bars, which require skillful employees to serve drinks and cater to customer needs. The restaurants feature hosting and managerial staffs as well, which offer additional job opportunities and complete the wide spectrums of employment available with the chain. Entry-level employment hopefuls and career professionals alike may fill out application forms online or in person and submit the documents to hiring personnel for formal review. No real hiring requirements remain in place other than meeting the minimum age of 18; however, outgoing attitudes and general enthusiasm for work often influence recruitment decisions.
Hard Rock Cafe Employment Opportunities and Salary Options
Passion, dedication, and authenticity represent highly valued attributes in potential associates. The restaurant and bar chain rewards individuals demonstrating self-starting and highly personable attitudes with exceptional pay and work benefits. Most jobs offer part-time and full-time scheduling capabilities in addition to career advancement opportunities and ongoing training programs. Employees work as part of close-knit teams and receive discounts on food, drink, and memorabilia. The international cafe chain continuously accepts applications for the following jobs:
- Prime for entry-level employment hunters, host/hostess jobs involve greeting customers, creating seating charts, taking patrons to tables, and explaining drink and menu specials.
- Hosts/hostesses also take reservations and clean front entryways and tables.
- Hard Rock Cafe hosting positions enjoy base pay scales starting around $9.00 and rising to more than $11.00 hourly.
- Applicants must enjoy working directly with the general public and display courteous, fun-loving, and outgoing personalities in order to gain employment.
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems and landline telephone proves necessary, as well.
- Basic job duties include taking food and drink orders, processing payments, and catering to customer needs.
- Workers bring orders to tables and refill glasses, as well.
- Exceptional listening skills and lively personas fare best during the hiring process.
- Individuals must work quickly and remain attentive to effectively perform responsibilities.
- Most earn the federal minimum wage for tipped employees, or $2.00 to $3.00 an hour, and receive gratuities to compensate for low base pay.
- Like most bars, Hard Rock Cafe locations must hire bartenders to properly mix and serve drinks.
- Bartenders typically need to stand at least 21 years of age and possess proper certifications or extensive experience in the field.
- Applicants with both sets of qualifications often receive preferential treatment over other candidates.
- Each shift, bartenders take drink orders, serve cocktails, beers, and wines, and process food orders and payments.
- Workers must also remain aware of customer alcohol consumption and cutoff individuals or alert management of unruly behavior when appropriate.
- Pay scales start around $3.00 or $4.00 per hour for bartenders, who also rely on tips for a majority of total earnings.
- Bartenders may work part-time or full-time.
Tips For Applying
Applicants must submit hiring forms for non-management positions in person at Hard Rock Cafe locations of choice. Aspiring managers find job openings online through the company website. The restaurant promotes official mottos governing daily operations. Workers should understand and personally hold the mottos as individual beliefs prior to submitting application forms to increase odds of employment. The mottos include Love All-Serve All, All Is One, Take Time To Be Kind, and Save The Planet.
Entry-level and hourly employees must check back with hiring personnel via telephone, in-person visit, or email after submitting applications to inquire about employment statuses. Managers must create online profiles to fill out applications, which provide detailed status updates on outstanding hiring forms. Regardless of position desired, prospective associates should follow up with the restaurant chain to demonstrate self-starting, motivated, and determined personalities. Most candidates receive job offers within a week of turning in applications, with some previous employees receiving full review and job offers in as little as a day.
Benefits of Working at Hard Rock Cafe
Dedicated to employee wellbeing, Hard Rock Cafe offers comprehensive job benefits packages. Depending on the position and length of time spent with the company, associates may enjoy:
- Medical, dental, life, and disability insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off and employee assistance programs.
The popular bar also provides education assistance, professional development, and paid training. Most employment benefits remain available to workers in full-time roles.
More Information on Hard Rock Cafe
Celebrating the history of rock n’ roll, Hard Rock Cafe locations boast treasured artifacts from international music artists, which the restaurants put on display for patrons. Memorabilia often includes signed instruments, photos of bands and solo musicians, old costumes, stage bills, and certified records. Notable artifacts include the red-leather jacket worn by Michael Jackson in the video for “Beat It” at the Washington D.C. location and the Gibson Flying V guitar played by Jimi Hendrix on display at the Las Vegas location. In total, the chain owns over 73,000 pieces of music memorabilia collected from stars in the industry dating back to the 1950s.
Rembrandt Jonathan Pelenkahu says:
yes, as host (2002-2006): greet,escort,seat the guest to the proper table,place the menu,explain:(soup,catch,special of the day,f&b,card promo,special event),collect menu,report table,paging announcement (86,limit f&b items,birthday,farewell,all promos,special event,wait list),set up baloons and crayons,wipe menus,inventory: (host stationaries,counter,menu,baby chair,stanchion).fdc and wait list taker,count the guest in and out,spread the flyers event,bid farewell
Lynn Hetherington says:
Does Hardrock cafe employ people with learning difficulties who don’t have previous paid work experience?