Hermes operates as an international fashion design and retail corporation. Merchandise lines sold by the French clothier enjoy widespread success and spur rampant expansion throughout the world, which provides thousands of opportunities for work in various capacities across the globe.
Facts About Working at Hermes
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hermes?)
Available Positions: Sales Representative, Cashier, Customer Service Rep, Sales Producer, Wholesale Nursery Sales Rep, Nursery Manager, Sales Designer, Maintenance Worker, Manufacturing Engineer
Hermes Job Opportunities
An established company, Hermes maintains several facets of production and sales, including both perfumery and textile manufacturing. Diverse product lines and prominent marketing campaigns in multiple countries worldwide facilitate the constant need for new employees in different divisions throughout operations. Applicants looking for work in the fashion retail industry often turn to the Paris-based clothier to find meaningful jobs with excellent pay and employment benefits. A majority of jobs available feature part-time hours and hourly pay at the retail level, while individuals seeking careers in manufacturing, management, or other corporate fields regularly enjoy full-time schedules and annual salary options.
The fashion retail industry demands certain characteristics out of potential employees. Workers looking for careers with Hermes must exude exceptional fashion sense and the ability to stay ahead of current trends. Bright, personable, and accommodating personalities additionally aid applicants in search of customer service and retail sales jobs. Flexible schedules also work to the benefit of aspiring retail associates. Individuals looking for employment in management should maintain open schedules, as well; however, the full-time positions usually require least high school educations, at minimum, some experience in the fashion industry, and proven leadership abilities in previous managerial roles.
Hermes Employment Information
New-hire employees encounter working environments conducive to personal and professional growth with the international fashion house. Hiring begins at age 18 and includes individuals who enjoy fashion and working with the general public. Personal tastes in clothing and accessories often factor into overall hiring decisions during the interview process, as well. Applicants who perform well and demonstrate motivated interests in selling designer clothes and accessories may find work in the following job titles:
- The predominantly part-time position of sales associate includes interacting with customers, stocking out merchandise, and completing monetary transactions.
- The fashion chain places heavy importance on treating guests with exceptional care during each visit.
- Sales associates must remain polite and exercise respect at all times.
- Workers must also wear styles and accessories sold by the clothier as models of available lines of merchandise.
- Responsibilities require workers to stand or move around on foot throughout given shifts, with some mild-to-moderate lifting incorporated into job duties as part of stocking and merchandising assignments.
- Most sales associates work part-time and move into full-time schedules with experience or promotion into management careers.
- Average hourly pay scales hover around $9.00 or $10.00, with entry-level wages starting at $8.00 per hour.
- Roles in management remain attainable for workers with experience in the fashion retail industry.
- Applicants with experience as managers also remain highly viable candidates for supervisory roles.
- Requirements may include data entry, organizational, communication, disciplinary, and staffing skills.
- Administrative abilities assist workers in carrying out potential inventory tasks, as well.
- Managers additionally take responsibility for hiring and training new employees, setting schedules, and supervising entry-level staffs.
- Each store typically hires on multiple managers to maintain operations, enforce company policies, and perform opening and closing procedures.
- Jobs available include part-time and full-time assistant manager roles and full-time store manager positions.
- Assistant managers may make anywhere from $30,000 to $40,000 per year.
- Store managers usually enjoy higher salary options reaching in excess of $60,000.
Tips For Applying
Hermes maintains a website dedicated to job seekers, which details available employment opportunities. Upon accessing the job site, workers search through position descriptions and apply directly online. Applicants may need web browsers able to translate the career site from French to native languages. Before applying, ensure all internet plugins and system updates prove as current as possible. Career candidates must also create login usernames and passwords in order to access the online application process. In total, the application takes about 20 minutes to complete.
After submitting an online application form, workers may check in with the desired storefront to see if personal credentials provided align with the characteristics sought in new employees. The best ways to contact hiring personnel include telephone and email. Applicants may also wish to visit stores in person to talk directly with management regarding potential hiring. In-person visits also provide the opportunity to express further interest in the position and demonstrate fashion sense prior to interviews. Most applicants hear back from the fashion chain within a week or two of submitting hiring documents.
Benefits of Working at Hermes
As an international company, Hermes strives for employee retention and cares for workers with comprehensive employment benefits packages. At base levels, entry-level workers receive competitive hourly pay and generous discounts on clothing, accessories, and services.
Full-time professionals also receive:
- Merchandise discounts
- With the ability to qualify for medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays, and
- 401(k) retirement plans
Most job benefits vary by store location and specific position.
Further Information on Hermes
The international company maintains a distinct online presence. Customers may connect with the fashion house through several social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google +, YouTube, and Pinterest. Hermes patrons may also opt in for a regularly updated newsletter, which provides detailed information about existing and upcoming seasonal fashions and accessories. The newsletter also highlights company news, including expansions into new markets, development projects, and general information about the fashion and retail industries.