Founded in 1918, Hertz remains an international leader in the car rental industry. With locations in 145 countries, the company maintains a workforce of nearly 30,000 employees. Diverse job opportunities draw motivated sales applicants to seek meaningful employment with the chain.
Facts About Working at Hertz
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hertz?)
Available Positions: Counter Sales Representative, Flexible Service Representative, Domestic Reservations Agent, Auto Technician, Field Service Mechanic, Vehicle Service Attendant, Mechanic, Manager Trainee, Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, Outside Sales Representative, Courtesy Bus Driver, Airport Location Manager, Instant Return Representative, Yard Worker, Claims Clerk, Business Analyst, Market Development Representative Intern, Flex Service Rep, Remarketing Sales Rep, Maintenance Manager, Security Rep, National Account Manager, Sales Coordinator
Hertz Interview Videos
Hertz Employment Prospects
Through dedication to service and profitable business practices, the company continues to grow and create new jobs. The public corporation directly oversees the hiring process at company-owned locations in 18 countries, while the remaining worldwide offices operate as franchises. Eligible candidates largely encounter the same job requirements and standards of quality at company-owned offices and independently operated locations alike. Jobs routinely prove available for experienced workers as well as new entrants to the workforce.
Entry-level job seekers often discover opportunities leading to the beginning of long-term careers with the rental company. Applicants looking for sales or retail jobs encounter several opportunities for employment. Warehouse, supply, and call center positions remain highly accessible, as well. Candidates with extensive work histories may seek management roles with the franchised chain. Experienced professionals also find lucrative opportunities at Hertz corporate headquarters in Estero, FL.
Hertz Jobs and Salary Options
Hertz requires applicants to possess high school diplomas or GED equivalents, and many professional career opportunities mandate possession of associates’ degrees. Candidates must also stand at least 18 years of age to qualify to work for the company. The car rental chain needs to hire for the following jobs:
Counter Sales Representative
- Open to candidates with at least one year of previous customer service experience, counter sales representative jobs involve promoting available products and answering patron questions.
- Extensive familiarity with computer systems aids employment hopefuls, as workers regularly use computers to process transactions and keep records.
- Applicants need the ability to function as members of teams and remain standing for extended periods.
- Employees work flexible schedules and perform certain job duties outside in any weather conditions, as rental return stations regularly boast responsibilities outdoors.
- Counter sales representatives typically earn about $11.00 per hour.
- Job seekers may apply for a diverse variety of management roles available through the car rental chain.
- Typical duties for managers include conducting job interviews and selecting applicants to hire, reviewing inventory, constructively providing feedback to subordinate employees, and directly overseeing operations at store locations.
- Candidates with less experience may consider trainee jobs, which place employees in roles designed to help individuals attain management positions over time.
- Pay scales for supervisory jobs vary by responsibility level and depend on education, experience, and company tenure.
- Trainees typically make around $11.00 an hour.
- Location managers garner annual wages of about $40,000, while salary options for senior branch managers often reach $50,000 per year.
- Hertz managers generally need to possess college degrees.
Tips For Applying
Individuals with open availability, positive and amiable demeanors, and previous experience in related fields enjoy improved prospects for obtaining work with the car rental company. Career hunters may easily access the online employment portal for the chain. Though candidates largely apply online or through recruiters, paper applications remain available at Hertz locations. Applicants should expect to undergo background checks and drug tests prior to receiving formal job offers.
Job seekers should contact staffing managers to inquire about application statuses. Though applicants typically receive calls or emails from the company within two to three weeks of applying, following up in the meantime shows eagerness and interest in working for Hertz. Displaying proactive and confident personalities through follow-up phone calls or store visits generally improves chances of obtaining jobs, as the company values the same traits in sales employees. Always respect the time of human resources personnel and remain courteous and professional during interactions with store associates.
Benefits of Working at Hertz
As a top company in the car rental industry, Hertz offers competitive job benefits to eligible associates. Employees often enjoy perks such as:
- Flexible spending accounts,
- Performance bonuses,
- 401(k) retirement plans with company match, and
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance, including dependent coverage.
Other possible employment benefits include paid time off, which usually covers holidays, sick days, and vacation time. Employee discounts and tuition reimbursement plans may also prove available. Eligibility for work benefits programs depends on full-time or part-time status.
More Details on Hertz
Hertz commits to sustainable practices, environmental stewardship, and philanthropy in communities served. The company promotes the idea of smart mobility, which consists of offering fuel-efficient cars with low emissions and clean fuel alternatives whenever possible. As of 2012, over 74% of rental vehicles with the chain average 28 miles per gallon or better on highways. Oil recycling, solar panel usage, and waterless detailing practices also contribute to the green initiatives of the corporation. In addition, the car rental chain donates funding and volunteer hours to Habitat for Humanity, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and regional food banks.