With more than 1,000 stores throughout 32 states, Hibbett Sports is always looking to hire new workers to their team. Applying is quick and easy through the company's online application process or by simply applying in person at the nearest location.
Facts About Working at Hibbett Sports
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hibbett Sports?)
Available Positions: Assistant coach, assistant manager, head coach, manager in training, rookie, sales associate
Hibbett Sports Employee Interview Videos
Hibbett Sports Job Opportunities
Hibbett Sports offers entry-level positions in all of its stores to individuals who exhibit a familiarity with various sports and their equipment. Store associates, also known as rookies, work on the sales floor, using their knowledge and people skills to help create a friendly and hospitable environment for the customers. Answering questions and offering informed suggestions are the main tasks of the rookie team member.
Job seekers can apply for both part-time and full-time positions. Hibbett Sports offers flexibility with scheduling, but encourages all employees to be available for some evening and weekend shifts. Qualified applicants can also apply for career opportunities as assistant managers, or coaches, or enter the manager-in-training program to become a head coach.
Hibbett Sports Positions and Salary Information
Applicants should be at least 16 years old. Experience is not required for this entry-level position. However, understanding sports and common equipment is valued. The following positions are usually available at each Hibbett Sports store:
- Rookies work the sales floor helping customers by answering questions, locating items, restocking shelves, and offering recommendations.
- Standing for several hours during a shift along with lifting, bending over, and squatting frequently are physical requirements of the job.
- Hibbett Sports rookies have pay rates ranging between $8.00 and $9.00 per hour.
Head Coach/Assistant Coach
- Head coaches along with their assistant coaches are in charge of leading their teams to success.
- Running the sales floor, overseeing all training, and ensuring customer satisfaction are the main responsibilities of the Hibbett Sports management staff.
- Assistant coaches typically earn $10.00 to $11.00 per hour, while head coaches can expect salary packages of around $36,000 per year.
Tips for Applying
Hibbett Sports allows candidates to apply online and check the availability of open positions on their website. Completing a job application form in person may increase your chances of speaking with a member of the management staff and getting an interview.
Candidates should check the status of their applications in person or by a follow-up call to a Hibbett Sports hiring manager within a week of their interview. Applicants should plan their visit or call during slower operating hours. Hiring decisions will likely be made within a few weeks of an interview.
Benefits of Working at Hibbett Sports
All employees receive paid training and a substantial discount on their purchases. Eligible full-time Hibbett Sports team members may receive job benefits such as healthcare coverage including:
- Medical insurance
- A company matched 401(k) retirement plan, and
- An employee stock purchase plan.
Paid time off and paid vacations usually come with tenure.
More Information about Hibbett Sports
Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, Hibbett Sports posts nearly $1 billion in sales every year and believes in giving back as much of that as possible. The company regularly donates to the American Heart Association and to the One Team at a Time program which provides $1,000 every week to youth sports teams in need of equipment.