As one of the most recognizable names in the hospitality industry, Hilton Hotels recurrently offers exciting job opportunities as the company experiences continued growth worldwide. Whether interested in joining the hotel industry for the first time or as an experienced professional looking for a new start, the respected hotel chain provides a variety of jobs for hire.
Facts About Working at Hilton Hotels
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hilton Hotels?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Agent, Guest Services Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Clerical Worker, Cook, Banquet Server,
Hilton Hotels Employee Interview Videos
Hilton Job Opportunities
Hilton Hotels serves as the flagship brand of the Hilton Worldwide global hospitality company and operates over 500 locations in 78 countries. The popular chain oversees both company-owned and franchised locations, which employ nearly 50,000 people around the world. Each location continually needs to hire guest services workers to operate front desks, act as concierges, and provide the best travel experiences possible. Other entry-level jobs typically available include housekeeper, maintenance worker, and security officer positions. Most introductory positions require little previous experience and ask that job seekers meet basic employment standards of a high school diploma and stand at 18 years old.
Full-time, professional work often for hire at Hilton Hotels locations include department managers and both assistant hotel managers and general managers. Candidates typically need to meet additional hiring requirements, such as extended college coursework, previous hospitality experience, and prior familiarity with managing large groups of people. Managerial roles generally perform administrative duties, keep corporate ideals, goals, and objectives at the forefront, and guarantee the best possible guest services. Managers must remain open to flexible scheduling, as most locations necessitate leadership for all shifts, including evenings, overnights, and weekends.
Hilton Hotels Positions and Salary Information
Entry-level applicants seeking to enter the hospitality industry with Hilton Hotels need to meet age requirements, while career-minded individuals usually must have further educational background and experience. Previous understanding of customer service roles and aptitude remain a plus when applying for the following job titles:
Guest Service Agent
Job Description and Duties
- Guest service agents function as front desk clerks and concierges, which includes interacting with guests, promoting hotel services, and ensuring best consumer experiences.
- Specifically, Hilton Hotels front desk agents greet travelers, book room reservations, explain hotel amenities, direct patrons to rooms, process payments, and answer questions about topics such as entertainment, dining, and transportation in surrounding areas.
- Hilton Hotels holds employees to high standards. Workers must exude confident, professional demeanors during job interviews.
- Other hiring requirements include a minimum age of 18 for employment consideration and at least one year of related experience.
- Applicants must also possess the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Prospective employees must submit to credit checks prior to formal hiring.
Salary and Compensation
- Available as both part-time and full-time positions, Hilton Hotels front desk agent jobs represent ideal entry-level employment opportunities.
- Upon hire, front desk agents receive hourly pay around $8.75.
- The base pay figure typically applies to part-time new-hire workers.
- Applicants assuming full-time Hilton Hotels front desk agent jobs may earn as much as $20.00 per hour, depending on experience and time spent with the company.
- Hilton Hotels serves as an excellent platform to begin long-term careers in the travel industry.
- Workers receive exceptional discounts on travel rates, accommodations, amenities, and services.
- Eligible workers also enjoy paid vacation, 401(k) retirement plans, healthcare coverage, and life insurance options.
- A bellperson shoulders responsibility for retrieving and transporting guest luggage as well as greeting and escorting both arriving and departing guests.
- Other responsibilities include inspecting guest rooms for any issues of maintenance or cleanliness, familiarizing travelers with room amenities and functionality, and responding to patron requests and inquiries.
- Employees must communicate with hotel management about any guest complaint, request, and any other relevant feedback.
- Bellpersons typically earn minimum wage, though workers may earn additional income through tips.
Read Server job description, along with interview of former server.
Job Description and Duties
- Room attendants act as housekeepers with the hotel chain.
- Hilton Hotels housekeeper jobs offer ideal opportunities for entry-level employment seekers to work in the hospitality industry.
- The internationally renowned hotel chain regularly hires housekeepers, or room attendants, to clean guest rooms and enhance the Hilton experience.
- Primary job duties include changing bed linens, making beds, sanitizing bathrooms, dusting furniture, and vacuuming floors.
- Housekeepers also replenish towels, remove trash, and fulfill special guest requests.
- The entry-level position carries no formal requirements for employment consideration, other than a companywide minimum hiring age of 18 years.
- Previous hotel housekeeping experience, while not necessary, often benefits prospective room attendants.
- Successful candidates should have strong customer service skills, flexible full-time schedule availability, and personable dispositions.
Salary and Compensation
- Housekeepers at Hilton Hotels generally start out earning roughly minimum wage.
- Hourly pay rates may increase to $9.00 or $10.00 with experience.
- Depending on hotel location, experienced housekeepers may earn as much as $14.00 an hour.
- In addition to escalating pay scales, Hilton Hotels extends employment benefits like paid time off and room rate discounts to eligible workers.
- Entry-level housekeepers often develop the knowledge and skills necessary for housekeeping management positions, which come with comprehensive work benefits and average salary options of $40,000 annually.
Job Description and Duties
- Prominent international hospitality brand Hilton Hotels and Resorts consistently hires managers to maintain and monitor more than 500 worldwide locations.
- Hotel management careers offer ideal opportunities for professional growth in the hospitality industry.
- Typical work days for Hilton managers involve creating employee schedules, delegating daily jobs to hourly associates, and hiring and training entry-level workers.
- Managers also oversee many business aspects of the Hilton company, such as budgeting and payroll.
- For hiring consideration, Hilton Hotels and Resorts require previous experience and education in hospitality management or a similar field.
- Strong business acumen and professional dispositions also serve as requirements for employment.
Salary and Compensation
- Salary options and pay scales for managers with Hilton Hotels and Resorts vary greatly depending on location, job title, and experience with the company.
- Average salaries range from $45,000 to $55,000 a year.
- Management positions also come with a wide variety of job benefits and employee perks.
- For example, nearly every employee receives significant discounts on Hilton destinations around the world.
Tips for Applying
Job seekers may either apply online via the company online job portal or submit paper applications to the Hilton Hotel of choice. When applying in person, applicants should make sure to present all information concisely, accurately, and legibly using blue or black ink. If applying online, candidates must create profiles, answer basic queries about work background and personal information, and submit up-to-date resumes and CVs when prompted. Applicants should check to ensure the accuracy of all information provided, as incorrect or invalid submissions may cause applicants to become disqualified from the hiring process.
After submitting all hiring materials, applicants should hear back from hiring personnel in two to three weeks. Depending on the amount of applicants vying for similar positions, the process may take longer. In order to display genuine interest in obtaining a position, applicants may choose to visit locations in person in order to meet with hiring managers. Following up on application status may result in on-the-spot interviews for some entry-level positions. Candidates should only follow up during down times, like times between check-in and check-out, in order to ensure a face-to-face meeting with managers and not disrupt the day-to-day activities requiring the full attention of hotel staff.
Hilton Hotels Employee Benefits
The franchised hotel chain offers both full-time and part-time associates paid training, uniform allowances, and holiday pay. Eligible workers receive paid time off, hotel discounts for employees and immediate family, and additional discount programs through company partnerships. Supplementary work benefits for full-time team members include:
- Vision, and
- Disability insurance as well as optional life insurance policies.
The company also offers retirement options, such as enrollment in company 401(k) plans with company match, to qualifying candidates.
Other Information About Hilton Hotels
As a worldwide entity, Hilton Hotels takes pride in offering 22 official language websites, more than any other hotel company. By offering characteristics unique to the people served, each website adapts to local needs, improves connections with travelers, and attempts to enrich each customer experience to the best of the company’s abilities. The sites operate in languages localized to patron home countries, enabling potential guests to research top destinations, compare prices, and book directly in local languages, such as Portuguese and Spanish in Latin America. Each site remains available in multiple digital platforms, including mobile devices and smartphones.