With nearly 1,000 stores, Hobby Lobby is the largest privately owned arts-and-crafts store. Fabrics, floral, home décor and crafting supplies along with various other items can be found at the retailer. The company has made an expansion across 47 states.
Facts About Working at Hobby Lobby
Minimum Age to Work at Hobby Lobby: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hobby Lobby?)
Hobby Lobby Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 9:00am-8:00pm; Closed Sunday
Available Positions at Hobby Lobby: Cashier, custom framer, cutting counter associate, floral designer, stocker
Hobby Lobby Employee Interview Videos
Hobby Lobby Job OpportunitiesJob Duties
Each Hobby Lobby employee is responsible for various tasks depending on the position. With multiple departments that focus on a set selection of products there are many options for employmentJob Requirements
Potential workers must be the age of 16 years or older to fill out a Hobby Lobby job application. Sitting or standing for long periods of time including moving and lifting heavy objects are part of some job duties.Employment Benefits
Full-time and part-time schedules can be made to fit around a hopeful’s needs for work. Many entry-level positions are open for hire and require little training. Hobby Lobby career holders are able to receive a discount of 15% off on purchases in-store.
Employment and Salary Information for Hobby Lobby
- A Hobby Lobby sales associate will work directly with customers by cashing them out and helping them around the store.
- The beginning pay rate is $11.00
- Job seekers with strong people skills should apply.
Cutting Counter Attendant
- Assist customers with fabric and other related needs. Sharp objects are used in this department.
- Cutting Counter workers are have an hourly wage of $11.00.
- Individuals that can pay attention to detail and precision are ideal candidates.
- Assistant Managers supervise the team and ensure the store is ready for guests.
- The average annual salary is roughly $60k.
- Leadership and organization skills are required for an assistant manager position.
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Tips for Applying
A Hobby Lobby career starts with filling an application form out in person, or individuals may apply online. Hiring managers will contact candidates to schedule an interview. Management will discuss things like prior work experience, salary options, scheduling and job descriptions during this meeting.
Potential Hobby Lobby workers may contact the store by calling or stopping in to inquire about the status of an application. The interviewer will typically get in touch with hopefuls who would make an addition to the company. The interview lasts roughly 20 minutes.
Benefits of Working at Hobby Lobby
Hobby Lobby employees who are eligible have access to paid vacation, paid time off, healthcare coverage, salary packages and 401(k) plans. The following job benefits are available to qualifying workers:
Additional Information about Hobby Lobby
Hobby Lobby stands with many charities and ministry projects by donating time and funds. Hobby Lobby also gives a 10 percent in-store discount to churches, schools, and national charitable organizations.