Regional fueling station chain Holiday Station fueling provides thousands of opportunities for entry-level work and professional careers through roughly 400 locations. Applicants may find available jobs in customer service or management.
Facts About Working at Holiday Station
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Holiday Station?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Cashier, Assistant Manager, Night Manager, Manager, General Manager, Petroleum Driver
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Holiday Station Job Opportunities
Most Holiday Station locations operate in the American Midwest and Plains regions. The chain also operates in the Northwest, including stores in Alaska, which provides nationwide accessibility to viable employment options. A national presence and widespread locations afford both brand recognition and regular vacancies for work. The chain primarily focuses business in populated areas or sets locations along busy or frequently traversed highways. Common job duties for associates involve assisting customers and travelers in addition to general station maintenance and upkeep. The diverse settings for many of the gas stations may require the ability to speak more than one language or interact with different demographics in respectable and professional manners at all times.
Applicants must remain willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays and maintain irregular hours. Employees regularly spend long hours without customer interaction followed by hours with constant confrontation with the general public. Peak travel times, such as rush hours and holiday traffic, often increase exposure with customers. The average gas station worker starts out in part-time schedules and advances into full-time schedules with experience gained. Holiday Station primarily uses the hiring process to screen for entry-level positions; however, managerial roles become available on a regular basis, as well.
Holiday Station Employment and Pay Scales Information
Minimum requirements for Holiday Station positions include meeting the minimum age of 18, the ability to comfortably move up to 60lbs., and the ability to communicate effectively. Positions in management often require applicants to possess additional characteristics, like previous experience and sound organizational skills. Job details sit listed below.
- The most accessible positions available for entry-level applicants, sales associate jobs serve multiple roles within each gas station.
- Workers undertake stock, customer service, and cashiering responsibilities as entry-level sales associates.
- Pay begins at minimum wage and falls between $8.00 and $9.00 with experience.
- Some manual labor generally takes place throughout any given shift and may include work in freezers or heated storage areas.
- Job seekers should possess friendly, accountable, and reliable personalities to work as Holiday Station sales associates.
- Workers assuming night manager positions must look after all aspects of operations, including inventory, sales, customer service, maintenance, and book-keeping.
- The job offers nighttime hours and requires individuals with high school diplomas or GEDs, deadline-oriented personalities, and proficient abilities to perform mild-to-moderate manual labor, as necessary.
- Night managers usually fill full-time vacancies and supervise subordinate, entry-level employees.
- Management also takes responsibility for guarding against theft and reconciling cash drawers.
- Closing protocol also falls under the jurisdiction of night managers, if applicable.
- Pay for night managers begins around $10.00 per hour or just under $20,000 annual salary.
Store Manager/Assistant Manager
- Job titles falling under the distinct categorization of store manager and assistant manager primarily feature full-time hours and mostly set schedules.
- Key tasks performed by both managerial roles range from merchandising, hiring and training of new associates, and taking inventory to balancing cash drawers, reporting sales, supervising entry-level personnel, and ensuring proper protocol for handling food.
- Holiday Station encourages applicants to possess previous and related experience in retail management, gas station management, or positions of leadership.
- Effective communicators and individuals able to carry out manual labor in various capacities also receive preferential treatment during the hiring process.
- Assistant managers earn roughly the same annual salary options as night managers, with pay scales falling around $10.00 or $11.00 with experience.
- Store managers and manager trainees grooming for full store supervisory roles receive anywhere from $35,000 to $50,000 per year.
Tips For Applying
Many gas station locations falling under Holiday Station proprietorship vary by location due to franchising, which may result in the hiring process slightly altering from store to store. The prominent, nationwide chain may provide an online platform for interested applicants to research jobs and submit applications; however, aspiring associates should visit storefronts in person to further gain insight into potential demographics, work settings, and prospective coworkers. Handing employment forms in personally to recruitment managers also shows commitment and seriousness in the undertaking of applying for work and potentially joining existing staffs. The online application takes roughly 20 to 30 minutes to complete and features seven sections. Workers should allot a decent amount of time in order to complete the online form to ensure accuracy of the document.
The application process for Holiday Station jobs begins online or in person. Workers may access the application through the company careers page or directly from managers in the form of paper documents. Applicants choosing to use online methods may upload resumes or used LinkedIn profiles to supplement information and expedite the overall process. Upon submitting an online application, a prospective worker generally only wait a day or two to hear back from a hiring manager. Either method of submitting hiring forms yields roughly the same response time. Applicants may check in with desired locations if no contact via phone or email occurs after a week. The longest applicants report waiting for contact from hiring personnel spans about two weeks or so. Job seekers waiting longer than a week should call in to the preferred stores and inquire about the status of the hiring forms.
Benefits of Working at Holiday Station
Holiday Station cares for employees and offers comprehensive and highly inclusive work benefits packages. Part-time associates in limited, entry-level roles qualify for employment benefits like:
- Scholarship eligibility
- Gas and merchandise discounts
- Double-time holiday pay
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Profit sharing programs, and
- Flexible spending accounts
Full-time employees also receive sick days, holidays off, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, and disability coverage. Flexible schedules and competitive pay round out the job benefits available to eligible employees, with opportunities for career growth, as well. Work benefits availability may vary by location.
More Information on Holiday Station
While the gas station chain operates around 400 locations, Holiday Station only manages roughly 300 of the stores from the company corporate offices. The remaining 100 locations or so fall under the control of individual, independent proprietors through franchising. Much of the growth experienced by the chain over the last decade or so stands as a direct result of aggressive company franchising campaigns. Franchisors continuously open new locations in current or expanded markets, which drives the success of the fueling station chain and opens up the business for continued expansion in the near and foreseeable futures.
Tina M. Raiinbolt says:
I am wondering why the last question for the online application asks me if I am under the age of 40? This implies you do not hire qualified applicants over the age of 40. Is this true? What is your stance on the reasoning for this question on the online application? Thank you for indulging my curiosity.