The satisfaction experienced by helping elderly people remain comfortable within personal homes encourages candidates to apply for positions at Home Instead Senior Care. Part-time and full-time opportunities grant applicants flexibility in scheduling and salary options.
Facts About Working at Home Instead Senior Care
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Home Instead Senior Care?)
Available Positions: Caregiver/Companion, LPN, STNA, RN, CNA Home Health Aide, Home Helper, Senior Care Assistant, Client Care Coordinator, Live-In Caregiver, Caregiver Trainer, Part-Time Registered Nurse, Recruiting and Retention Coordinator, Retired Professional Companion, Non-Medical Caregiver, Staffing Coordinator, After Hours Supervisor, Scheduling Coordinator, Certified Home Health Aide, Sales Representative, CSR, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Caregiver/Homemaker, Receptionist/Front Desk Agent, Office Assistant, Customer Service/Appointment Scheduler, Recruiter, Certified Nursing Assistant, Technical Support Representative, Overnight Caregiver, On-Call Supervisor
Home Instead Senior Care Employment Opportunities
Husband and wife team, Paul and Lori Hogan, developed Home Instead Senior Care after helping Paul’s grandmother stay at home past the age 100. The daily struggles of raising a family and working full-time leaves little room for caring for elderly family members, so Hogan set out on a mission to aid seniors and families. Founded in 1994 and serving only a handful of families in Omaha, NE, the company experienced growth over the years and maintains nearly 1,000 franchises. Clients experience distinctive care from employees who possess genuine interest in helping. Each team member goes through comprehensive training, which remains ongoing throughout employment. Staff enjoy advancement and salary increases based on years of experience and additional education earned.
Scattered across the United States, and even in other parts of the world, the company retains traditional Midwestern values and expects the same of employees. Opportunities within corporate offices and in the field stand available depending on needs and interests. Candidates choose from office positions like receptionist and accountant or field openings in sales and caregiving. Employees should expect to participate in the spirit of giving and serving with established programs like Home Instead Senior Care Foundation and Home Instead Center for Successful Aging.
Jobs and Wages Information for Home Instead Senior Care
Aspirants should stand over the age of 18 in order to gain employment. Possessing high school diplomas or equivalents generally holds mandatory for people interested in applying. Certain positions request candidates maintain clean driving records and valid driver’s licenses. Other traits, such as compassion, patience, and upbeat demeanors, generally appear favorable during hiring processes. Available job titles may include:
- Talented caregivers demonstrate compassion and maintain the intent of enhancing the daily lives of aging adults.
- Employees become part of dedicated teams working throughout the community to provide care to people in need.
- By allowing seniors to remain in life-long homes, workers aid in non-medical services and alleviate challenges of growing older.
- Duties may include offering companionship through conversation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, basic grooming and bathing, toileting, and Alzheimer’s care.
- Individuals capable of carrying out such duties stand eligible to receive pay rates of $8.00 to $12.00 an hour.
- Home Instead Senior Care provides in-depth training, which allows people without previous experience to apply.
- Annual salary packages begin at $24,000 and increase to $38,000 with experience and seniority.
- Administrative assistants remain responsible for handling inquiry calls from prospective clients, which may include answering questions, scheduling appointments, or transferring calls.
- Assistants also handle coordination of staffing schedules and provide adequate notice to coworkers.
- In order to assist with operational needs, employees must maintain excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Individuals with experience in Windows and Microsoft Suite also meet basic qualifications.
- Based on assigned territories, consultants must achieve revenue objectives.
- By utilizing new and existing referral sources, employees generate profits from a variety of marketing and sales duties.
- Through documented progress, workers should expect to discuss production with managers on weekly bases.
- Related work experience or advanced degrees generally appear favorable for interested candidates.
- Valid driver’s licenses also stand essential for positions along with the ability to work in the field.
- Hourly wages range from $14.00 to $16.00 for individuals able to work independently, demonstrate interpersonal skills, and stay organized.
Tips For Applying
Openings appear through online searches for caregivers and corporate positions and generally request zip codes or current city and state for users to continue. After reading through job descriptions and requirements, candidates must create online profiles in order to submit applications. Basic information, previous experience, and education typically appear on forms. Certain positions also require references, often checked and verified for accuracy. Assertive applicants may find success applying in-person by demonstrating communication skills and professionalism. If job hunters apply face-to-face, individuals should expect to complete paper applications.
Hiring processes may range from one week to several, with follow ups often needed to move the proceedings along. Ideally, individuals receive notification from hiring managers in order to set up interviews. Candidates should seek out recruiters either in-person or over the phone after a week submitting application forms. Job hunters may choose to reapply in the future should positions fill with other applicants. During interview processes, aspirants must complete drug screenings and background checks.
Home Instead Senior Care Employment Benefits
Employees find work benefit packages unique to individual situations. Competitive compensation based on salary options and yearly bonuses intrigues potential employees. Workers also successfully save for the future with 401(k) retirement plans. The unique paid time off system allows staff members to take sick days, vacations, and personal time, as needed. An academy educates current team members with training and development opportunities, as well. Other rewards, such as:
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance, and
- The standard healthcare coverage
- Like medical insurance
- Dental and vision
- Stand available to eligible workers.
More Information about Home Instead Senior Care
Teaming up with Hilarity for Charity, Home Instead Senior Care offers grants for in-home care for qualified families. The movement, led by actors Lauren Miller Rogen and Seth Rogen, raises awareness about Alzheimer’s disease. Established with the Alzheimer’s Association, the partnership helps families trying to care for loved ones while still managing the daily struggles of jobs, children, and personal health. Home Instead Senior Care in the United States and Canada pledge approximately 37,000 hours to in-home services, worth an estimated value of $740,000. Nearly 6 million North Americans suffer from the disease and need a comprehensive plan of support. In-home providers shoulder some of the burden loved ones experience.