Discount home furnishing retailer HomeGoods operates as part of one of the largest retail networks in the world and provides thousands of job opportunities across 450-plus stores. The large store layouts require dozens of workers at each location, which hire on new staff consistently.
Facts About Working at HomeGoods
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at HomeGoods?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Merchandise Associate, Department Supervisor, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
HomeGoods Interview Videos
HomeGoods Job Opportunities
A subsidiary of TJX Companies, HomeGoods offers diverse product selections at discounted price points. Most locations average over 20,000sqft. of retail space, with larger, hybrid storefronts featuring other TJX stores operating alongside the chain, often within the same shopping centers. The chain holds plans for immediate growth and expects to double in size in the next 10 years. Workers should find ample opportunities for employment with the chain offering competitive pay, room for professional growth, and employment benefits packages.
Like most retail chains, HomeGoods must consistently hire for entry-level positions like cashier, sales associate, and stock associate. The jobs typically require no formal requirements other than meeting the minimum age of 18 and holding high school diplomas or GED equivalents. Applicants with backgrounds in the military or secondary educations often benefit from company involvement in specialized recruitment programs, which center on individuals with specific experience or credentials. Job hopefuls with energetic and positive attitudes, team-oriented work ethics, and excellent interpersonal skills make for ideal candidates.
HomeGoods Employment and Salary Information
Work available includes part-time and full-time jobs. Most of the hiring taking place on a consistent basis screens workers for entry-level, part-time positions. Career opportunities in management require applicants hold previous experience in retail or as leaders in similar, customer-centric industries. A typical applicant encounters the following jobs for hire:
- Available part-time or full-time, sales associate jobs usually place new-hires in part-time roles at start and feature general retail customer service responsibilities.
- Sales associates perform cashier, sales, and merchandising functions at HomeGoods locations.
- Job requirements cater to individuals who work quickly, enjoy team-oriented environments, and consistently maintain pleasant attitudes.
- Some minor manual labor proves essential to the position to carry out merchandising duties, including bending, stooping, lifting, pulling, and pushing.
- The chain often requires employees to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Entry-level pay begins at minimum wage.
- Experienced and motivated career aspirants may take interest in available managerial jobs.
- The retailer must hire applicants with experience to fulfill supervisory responsibilities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Managers also take on hiring, training, and marketing duties.
- Ordering inventory and reporting sales data to the company corporate offices fall on retail store management, as well.
- Positions available include assistant store manager and store manager.
- Assistant store managers may work part-time or full-time, with schedules averaging between 20 and 35 hours.
- Store managers consistently fill 40-hour-a-week schedules.
- Average salary options fall around $40,000 a year for assistant managers and average close to $60,000 annually for store managers.
Tips For Applying
Applicants may fill out employment forms in person or online. Both methods offer candidates the ability to apply for specific positions at desired locations. Workers may submit applications for multiple positions, as well. Individuals with talents spanning retail operations may gain preferential treatment during the hiring process. Experience in the retail industry may provide some leverage for employment consideration; however, HomeGoods regularly hires on inexperienced workers to fill entry-level roles. Demonstrating personable and motivated attitudes best suites candidates regardless of backgrounds.
The prominent retail chain encourages job seekers to check back with the company regarding applications in person at store locations. Workers may also utilize telephone and email to check on application statuses; however, in-person visits typically yield the best results. Downtime between submitting hiring forms and contact from recruitment managers usually falls around a couple of days and rarely exceeds two weeks. Applicants who receive no formal word from hiring personnel within two weeks should take immediate action and either visit, call, or email desired locations to check on employment statuses.
Benefits of Working at HomeGoods
Paid training, career growth potential, and access to raises and competitive salary options make HomeGoods an ideal place for employment. Associates also enjoy access to work benefits packages consisting of:
- Paid time off
- Dental and vision plans
- Life insurance options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Adoption assistance
- Store discounts, and
- Leaves of absence.
Careers as part of the TJX corporate team offer even further job benefits, like commuter reimbursement, onsite fitness centers, and tuition assistance. Employee benefits packages vary by store and position.
Additional Information on HomeGoods
HomeGoods stores adhere to the corporate policies set forth by parent TJX Companies regarding sustainability, legal compliance, and product sourcing. The acronym V.A.L.U.E. represents the corporate stances taken by the retail chain and stands for vender compliance, attention to governance, leveraging differences, unity with surrounding communities, and environmental impact. Programs put in place to further the ideas presented in the company corporate mission statement include efforts in reducing emissions by supply chain vehicles, increasing energy efficiency at store locations, partnering with area charities and school initiatives, ensuring mutually beneficial business partnerships, and practicing ethical hiring and managerial procedures.