Since the inception of the company in 1964 in Hamamatsu, Japan, Honda enjoys a reputation for excellence and service. Job seekers interested in joining the ever-developing automotive field regularly find full-time and part-time work with the industry leader.
Facts About Working at Honda
Minimum Age to Work at Honda: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Honda?)
Honda Hours of Operation: Mon and Thurs: 9:00am-8:00pm; Tues-Wed and Fri: 9:00am-6:00pm; Sat: 9:00am-5:00pm; Sun: 12:00pm-4:00pm
Available Positions at Honda: Sales Representative, Stock and Material Handler, Utilities Engineer, Automotive Technician, Light Truck Mechanic, Sales Analyst, Parts Specialist, Trainee, Teller, Maintenance Technician Student Associate, Office Assistant, Auditor, Technical Planning Coordinator, Equipment Maintenance Technician, Associate Technical Specialist, Assistant Manager, Manager
Honda Dealership Job Opportunities
An international outfit, the automotive company first opened a store front in the United States in 1959 in Los Angeles, CA. Honda continues to grow and expand all over the world and presently employs over 100,000 workers in the U.S. alone. Between corporate offices, dealerships, and distribution warehouses, individuals of varied interests and areas of specialty easily find fulfilling careers and job security with the industry giant. Associates may fill openings in areas of employment like accounting and finance, agriculture, chemistry, customer service, engineering, human resources, information technology, and sales.
Much of the available work with the automobile company requires candidates to hold four-year degrees or possess several years of employment experience. However, university students in the process of obtaining degrees maintain access to many internship and co-op opportunities in diverse fields of expertise. Additionally, job seekers who perhaps fall short of hiring requirements may impress during the application process by demonstrating familiarity with the history and philosophy of Honda. The company encourages associates to think creatively and show initiative, as well as live by the simple directive of displaying respect for the individual, which entails recognizing and valuing differences, treating others fairly, and establishing relationships built on mutual respect.
Honda Employment and Pay Scales
Depending on the position desired, job seekers may need bachelor’s degrees in related fields and/or several years of work experience in similar positions. Flexible schedules, willingness to travel, highly developed math and science skills, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, and familiarity with relevant computer programs help candidates stand out during the application process, as well. The following positions pose as examples of entry-level work obtainable with Honda:
Entry-Level Equipment Service
- Part of a two-year development program, entry-level equipment service workers learn job duties by way of hands-on practice before transitioning into full-time positions.
- Regular job duties include performing daily automobile checks, executing preventative maintenance, carrying out scheduled repairs, assisting with department projects, accurately and efficiently completing documentation of work orders, and contributing to troubleshooting efforts.
- Interested individuals should remain willing to work overtime and on weekends and possess knowledge of electrical and mechanical workings of automobiles, robotics, and problem solving.
- Entry-level equipment service associates earn pay rates between $15.00 and $20.00 an hour.
Human Resources Student Associate
- University students of sophomore status or above may enjoy the practical work experience gained from the human resources student associate internship program.
- Areas of concentration include plant human resources, acquisition and development, performance solutions, and total rewards.
- Each concentration gives associates chances to explore responsibilities of careers in human resources like participating in daily associate relations activities, providing information regarding job benefits and HR systems, conducting college recruiting sessions, assisting with interviews and the application process, and researching best company practices.
- Interns garner salary packages falling between $12.00 and $15.00.
- The most qualified candidates stand in pursuit of bachelor’s or master’s degrees in HR or business and possess basic understandings of manufacturing environments.
Tips For Applying
Individuals interested in submitting applications may browse job openings on the career section of the company website. If a suitable opportunity presents, candidates must then create profiles with the job-hosting platform in order to fill out applications and receive consideration. Connecting to a social media profile like LinkedIn or uploading a resume, which highlights relevant coursework, skills, and employment backgrounds, expedites the 20 to 30 minute application process. Job seekers should prepare to answer company compatibility questions and provide accurate personal contact information.
While individuals remain welcome to call or visit Honda locations to gain information regarding application statuses, hiring personnel much prefer candidates take advantage of the job portal. Logging back onto created profiles grants workers access to past application records. Job hopefuls may keep track of when applications reach hiring managers and whether applications move further in the process or not. Individuals opting to visit or call should remain courteous and respectful to the busy schedule of hiring managers.
Honda Work Benefits
In addition to competitive salary packages and advancement opportunities, Honda workers enjoy access to competitive employment benefits. Full-time and part-time associates may earn:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Volunteer community involvement programs, and tuition reimbursement.
- Access to union memberships, 401(k) retirement plans
- Healthcare coverage, same-sex domestic partner benefits, and
- On-site wellness and fitness facilities also remain available.
Added Information about Honda
To enrich communities, Honda sponsors a number of places and activities which promote family fun and values. Places like Aquarium of the Pacific and Disneyland resort benefit from partnerships with the automotive company. Events like the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival and the Rose Parade exist in part because of the contributions of the industry giant. Furthermore, to inspire young people to pursue excellence in areas of interest, the car company conducts programs like the Honda Campus All-Star Challenge, Honda Battle of the Bands, and Collegiate Women Sports Program.