HoneyBaked Ham continues to grow and seek new talent to staff stores. Roughly 400 locations throughout the U.S. need employees to fill entry-level and management positions. Previous food service or retail experience proves desirable.
Facts About Working at HoneyBaked Ham
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at HoneyBaked Ham?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Cook, Store Supervisor, Seasonal Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, General Manager, Senior New Products Manager, Recruiter
HoneyBaked Ham Employee Interview Videos
HoneyBaked Ham Job Opportunities
Founded in 1957, HoneyBaked Ham serves gourmet meats, sides, and desserts prepared by hard-working employees. Catering remains an essential aspect of the business as well, and the company needs workers to keep up with high volumes of orders for family get-togethers, business lunches, and special occasions. While most sales derive from catering, patrons may also dine at store locations, which generates further opportunities for work.
Retail, food service, and management job opportunities remain plentiful for driven individuals. Though maintenance, packing, and corporate jobs prove available at offices and warehouses, associate positions in customer service outlets stay the most consistent source of gainful employment with the specialty food retailer. Along with company-owned stores, franchised locations provide entry-level job opportunities for qualified candidates across the country. In addition, HoneyBaked Ham often promotes from within and grant store associates higher positions over time.
HoneyBaked Ham Jobs and Pay Scales
Though workers may apply to the company at age 16, meat-slicing duties generally remain restricted for individuals over 18 years of age. Supervisory positions also require candidates to stand 18 and older. Applicants may regularly find employment through HoneyBaked Ham in the following capacities:
- Typically paying around $8.00 per hour, HoneyBaked Ham sales associate jobs often prove accessible to workforce entrants.
- Though the positions historically remain part-time, qualified and detail-oriented workers may encounter advancement opportunities.
- Associates show motivation and drive by remaining productive without waiting for direction.
- Everyday duties include safe and sanitary food preparation, including whole hams and turkeys, cleaning, cashier responsibilities, and suggestive selling.
- Employees frequently need to bend, stoop, lift heavy items, and stand for long periods of time.
- Applicants with physical stamina fare better in sales associate work.
- Employment hopefuls with prior food service experience also enjoy increased prospects of hire.
- Store managers labor under general managers to effectively oversee company operations within assigned stores.
- Employees must uphold corporate policies and standards, motivate and train new workers, conduct interviews, and perform daily work duties in store, often for extended hours.
- Annual salary options sit at $36,000 on average.
- Candidates for managerial roles with HoneyBaked Ham should possess associates’ degrees in business or related fields or comparable industry knowledge and business savvy.
- The company also requires job seekers to hold three to five years of management experience, along with basic computer skills.
Tips For Applying
Holiday seasons prove the busiest for the company, and seasonal opportunities often become accessible near Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter. Job seekers face better hiring chances during peak business months, so job hopefuls must remain prepared to work on holidays, in most cases. HoneyBaked Ham favors candidates with previous retail or food service experience. Successful contenders must highlight prior achievements. Employees working with hams may need to lift up to 65 pounds. Applicants should stay healthy to maintain necessary strength. Show strong customer service skills, friendliness, and professionalism to impress hiring personnel in one-on-one interviews. The company offers convenient and easily accessible online applications for candidates to fill out, with printable forms also on-hand at store locations.
Contact management during slower business hours to find out about the status of submitted applications. Phone calls remain acceptable forms of query, though visiting stores in person may display more dedication to employers. The hiring process typically takes around two weeks or less. Most job aspirants succeed from persistent efforts and polite follow-up inquiries.
Benefits of Working at HoneyBaked Ham
HoneyBaked Ham employees enjoy several perks in addition to paid training and labor in professional work environments. Full-time workers reap job benefits such as tuition reimbursement, childcare options, and coverage plans for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance policies. Employees also remain eligible for 50% off discounts on company goods. 401(k) retirement plans largely stand available, as well.
More Details on HoneyBaked Ham
The nationwide specialty food chain benefits from the legacy of founder Harry J. Hoenselaar. Overall success of the company stems from the spiral slicing process Hoenselaar developed and patented for the signature smoked hams. Curing procedures for the sweet outer glazes on hams come from methods of the company forefather, as well. In the spirit of corporate charity, the business donates to breast cancer awareness causes and provides financial relief for disaster-stricken employees.