House of Blues celebrates music of every genre, from delta river blues to hip-hop and dubstep. Employees continue the mission of founder Isaac Tigrett to provide world-class venues where people experience live music, folk art, and delta-inspired cuisine. Hiring takes place on a consistent basis.
Facts About Working at House Of Blues
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at House Of Blues?)
Available Positions: Busser, Line Cook, Host / Hostess, Server, Kitchen Expo, Restaurant Floor Manager, Logistics Manager, Executive Chef, Restaurant Supervisor, Phone Ambassador, Cocktail Server, Security, Internship - Sales, Sous Chef, Lead Cook, Restaurant Manager, Finance Manager,General Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, Foundation Room Sales Manager,Hourly Sales Coordinator, Ticket Agent, Fine Dining Server, Security/Door Host, Foundation Room VIP Host/Coatcheck, Foundation Room Cocktail Server, Cleaning Crew, Restaurant Server
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
House of Blues Employment Outlook
Workers at locations in 12 major cities nationwide serve southern style food, custom-crafted cocktails, and help guests enjoy spectacular live music shows. Ideal candidates hold previous experience in restaurant operations, live music environments, and customer service. Workers, such as concert security and servers, work late hours but experience the live shows of popular bands and performing artists. Tolerance also stands as a core value of the company. Associates must exhibit tolerance for all cultures, music styles, and art forms.
House of Blues employees celebrate the history of southern culture by demonstrating courteous attitudes and dedication to customer service. The company also encourages workers to embrace passion and commitments to innovation. Music venues under the company banner see community service as a major responsibility and integral part of operations. Management encourages employees to give charitably through the Music Forward Foundation to foster unity and create opportunity through music.
House of Blues Job Opportunities and Salary Options
Hosting thousands of performers and millions of guests each year requires motivated teams of hardworking employees. Workers in cities such as Cleveland, Boston, Las Vegas, and Orlando serve up traditional tastes of southern-style cooking, provide extra muscle to deal with rowdy concertgoers, and cater to the needs of VIPs. The House of Blues hires passionate, motivated, driven, and resourceful individuals for the following positions:
- House of Blues restaurants serve delicious, southern-style cuisine, such as voodoo shrimp, jambalaya, pulled pork sandwiches, and southern pecan pie.
- Servers bring signature dishes out to customers in knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful ways.
- Hourly wages fall between $5.00 and $6.00 an hour, including tips.
- Duties include greeting guests, responding to inquiries about menus, drinks, and music, suggestively selling menu items, responding to guest concerns, and handling various aspects of food service from taking orders to delivering dishes.
- The company requires associates to stand at least 18 years of age, hold high school diplomas, and undergo state-mandated responsible alcohol awareness training. Preferred candidates possess experience operating in high-volume restaurants, guest relations skills, the ability to multitask when attending to multiple tables, and point of sales knowledge.
Security/ Door Host
- Security personnel ensure the safety of artists, vendors, staff, and concert patrons while cultivating positive and uplifting experiences for diverse groups of music fans.
- Pay rates stand around $13.00 an hour.
- Security personnel ensure guest safety through personal interaction, preventing and resolving altercations among guests, ensuring no weapons enter venue premises, and patrolling assigned areas.
- Associates perform security checks by conducting pat downs or using metal detector wands.
- In the event of emergencies, the employees lead patrons to emergency exits and coordinate evacuation procedures.
- Job hunters must feel comfortable working late hours on flexible schedules and possess self-defense training, first aid training, and experience working with people in positive environments.
Foundation Room Host
Foundation Room hosts stand responsible for assisting VIP guests in knowledgeable and friendly manners. Essential duties include:
- Giving proper recognition to members and executives to instill appreciation for membership
- Handling reservations
- Communicating effectively with other team members
- Informing team members about the arrival of VIPs
- Upholding the ambience of each room
- Maintaining strict grooming standards, and
- Speaking with articulate vocabulary.
Candidates must hold previous experience working with VIP guests, superior multitasking skills, and expert diplomatic, verbal, and interpersonal skills. The part-time job generally pays $10.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Workers must remain willing to work late hours and maintain pleasant guest interactions in stressful, fast-paced environments. When applying, indicate willingness to perform job duties in such conditions. Applicants may apply in person or online by uploading resumes or connecting to third-party websites to fill in personal information. The interview process may take up to three weeks and consist of multiple interviews.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the business, a phone call to ask about application status may prove necessary. Remain polite when interacting with management and place phone calls or in-person visits at slow times of day, such as morning or early afternoon. Online applicants may receive emails or phone calls pending application statuses.
Benefits of Working at House of Blues
In addition to competitive salary options and flexible hours, employees enjoy free live performances by all kinds of singers and artists. The work atmosphere proves friendly and fun.
Eligible full-time associates may also receive:
- More inclusive work benefits packages
- Including healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Medical insurance, and
- Life insurance.
More Details about House of Blues
Aside from live, contemporary music, House of Blues venues display popular art. Every location across the United States includes a Crazy Quilt style stage curtain, each of which takes artists over 1,000 hours to complete and pays homage to enslaved Africans in 18th- and 19th-century America. The company also curates the largest collection of outsider art in the world along with sizeable collections of folk and self-taught art. Buried beneath each stage lies a box filled with mud from the Mississippi Delta to ensure each artist performs with the roots and soul of the South underfoot.