At What Age Does Wells Fargo Hire?
Some underage job seekers may consider part-time or full-time positions at a bank. While federal child labor laws lack any rules about minors working in finance, most banks refuse to hire anyone under the age of 18. However, some Wells Fargo locations will bring on 17-year-olds under certain circumstances.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Wells Fargo
- Does Wells Fargo Hire at 17?:Yes. Some Wells Fargo branches accept applications from 17-year-olds.
- Does Wells Fargo Hire at 16?:No. The bank only hire workers who are 17 or older.
- Does Wells Fargo Hire at 15?:No. Wells Fargo prefers to hire older individuals.
- Does Wells Fargo Hire at 14?:No. This company’s employees must be at least 17.
Qualifications for Young Applicants
In addition to the age requirement, hopefuls must have a high school diploma or GED. Many banks also prefer that their employees have at least a year of customer service experience. After receiving a callback, candidates must pass a background check and show basic math skills during the interview process.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Teller – Bank tellers balance cash drawers and handle multiple transactions throughout the day. They use computer systems to check customer account balances, enter deposits and issue withdrawals.
- Customer Sales and Service Representative – These professionals communicate directly with customers, explaining provided services and the different promotions that the bank is offering. They also document changes to a client’s contact information, handle fraud and identity theft claims, and replace lost or stolen credit and debit cards.