At What Ages Does Chick-fil-A Hire?
Chick-fil-A typically hires teenagers 16 and older to serve their well-loved chicken to patrons. However, some states let younger applicants work a limited number of hours with a permit. Locations in these places may employ workers aged 14 or 15 as well. Regulations usually restrict teenagers to short shifts and only non-hazardous responsibilities.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Chick-fil-A?
- Does Chick-fil-A Hire at 17? – Yes. Chick-fil-A will hire 17-year-olds.
- Does Chick-fil-A Hire at 16? – Yes. Most locations employ workers as young as 16.
- Does Chick-fil-A Hire at 15? – Yes. With the appropriate permit and qualifications, 15-year-olds may work at Chick-fil-A.
- Does Chick-fil-A Hire at 14? – Yes. In states that legally allow 14-year-olds to work, a restaurant may take on exceptional applicants.
- Cashier – Many stores hire new employees to work exclusively as cashiers. They will take orders and perform additional customer service tasks with a smile. This position requires no previous experience, making it a good option for young prospects.
- Team Member – New hires may become general members of the team. They’ll have duties like assembling orders, taking food to customers who dine in, manning the drive-thru window and cleaning.
Qualifications for Young Applicants
States often require minors to get a work permit before they get a job. This may come from your local U.S. Department of Labor office. Prospects under 18 might also have to get certification from their school saying they attend regularly and receive adequate grades. Chick-fil-A will probably ask for evidence to prove your age and ability to work.
The Chick-fil-A hiring process is intensive. The company seeks motivated prospects who have a passion for providing excellent customer service. This is especially true for young job seekers. Demonstrating that you are responsible and eager to work hard will help you land a position, even if you do not have prior relevant experience.
Getting a job at Chick-fil-A at an early age can provide you with great career opportunities. The chain has strong worker retention and prides itself on helping their staffers advance in the company. You’ll also likely earn between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour, have scheduling flexibility and qualify for special employee scholarships for college.