At What Age Does Costco Hire?
Child labor laws prevent minors from working in warehouse settings, so wholesale locations like Costco tend to only hire workers who are 18 or older. Qualified candidates will also possess a high school diploma or GED, and may have some experience working in retail and customer service. Employees earn a starting hourly rate of $10.00.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Costco?:
- Does Costco Hire at 17?– No. All Costco employees must be at least 18 years old.
- Does Costco Hire at 16?– No. The company only hires legal adults.
- Does Costco Hire at 15?– No. Jobs at Costco are often too dangerous for minors.
- Does Costco Hire at 14?– No. Since the retailer sells tobacco and alcohol products, 15-year-olds are prohibited from working at Costco.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Cashier/Cashier Assistant -These entry-level workers handle interact with customers and run the registers.
- Stocker – Stockers have a behind-the-scenes position that requires unloading shipments, moving pallets, breaking down packaging and carrying merchandise out onto the sales floor.
- Membership Assistant – A membership assistant performs common sales associate tasks like assisting customers and helping them find the products they need. They also serve as a brand representative and are in charge of selling Costco memberships to prospective patrons.
The Costco interviewing and hiring process differs depending on each sought-after position. Some job seekers receive offers on the spot, while others could wait weeks before they hear back from the company. On average, Costco will contact new hires within a week of their interview.