At What Age Does Dollar Tree Hire?
While many Dollar Tree locations require employees to be at least 18 and have a high school diploma or GED. However, that differs for each state. Some stores hire 16 year-olds with work permits, while others employ minors as young as 13. Check your state’s child labor laws for minimum age and work permit requirements.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Dollar Tree?:
- Does Dollar Tree Hire at 17?-Yes. Some locations allow 17-year-olds to gain employment.
- Does Dollar Tree Hire at 16?-Yes. There are Dollar Tree stores that hire individuals who are 16.
- Does Dollar Tree Hire at 15?-Yes. Depending on the laws of a state, 15-year-old minors with work permits can work at Dollar Tree.
- Does Dollar Tree Hire at 14?-Yes. Some states allow teens as young as 14 or even 13 to work at Dollar Tree. Check state regulations to see if these youths are eligible.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Cashier – Cashiers spend their shifts at the front of the store, interacting with customers, ring up purchases and handle exchanges and returns.
- Sales Associate – Similar to cashiers, sales associates greet customers and answer any questions about merchandise. They also stock shelves and maintain the cleanliness of the sales floor.
- Stock Associate – Stock associates work backroom storage areas. Typical responsibilities include loading and unloading shipments, breaking down packaging, and stocking shelves.
Each of the above positions start with an hourly wage of either $9.00 or $10.00, depending on experience. The hiring process for entry-level Dollar Tree jobs usually takes around a week or two to complete. Applicants may receive interview consideration on-the-spot, or candidates may wait a few days to hear back from recruitment staff.