At What Age Does KFC Hire?
Individuals interested in working at KFC must be at least 16-years-old to apply for an entry-level position. Some state laws may limit the amount of hours or days a minor can work, and could also prohibit these employees from holding certain positions.
How Old Do I have to Be to Work at KFC?
- Does KFC Hire at 17? – Yes. Anyone over the age of 16 can work at KFC.
- Does KFC Hire at 16? – Yes. To work at KFC, you must be at least 16-years-old.
- Does KFC Hire at 15? – No, KFC does not hire applicants under the age of 16.
- Does KFC Hire at 14? – No. you must be 16-years or older to work at KFC.
Qualifications for Young Applicants
Anyone interested in a job at KFC should check their state laws to see if a work permit is needed. Previous food industry experience is not required, as the restaurant provides on-the-job training for its employees. However, those who have worked at a fast-food chain before may have a better chance of being hired. The company looks for applicants who are friendly, energetic, and team-players.
KFC has several programs to help young applicants achieve their academic or career goals. Employees may qualify for GED assistance, college grant programs, and even financial services for their family members. Candidates can fill out an application online at the company’s website.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Cook – Cooks at KFC are charged with making the restaurants chicken and side dishes. These employees must work fast and follow the company’s safety protocols to properly prepare the food. An entry-level cook typically makes about $9.00 an hour.
- Customer Service – Team members at KFC greet guests when they enter the restaurant. They also take and prepare each order, checking to make sure it is correct before the customer leaves the counter or drive-thru. Individuals with positive attitudes typically succeed in this position.