At What Age Does Kohl’s Hire?
Minors hoping to gain employment at Kohl’s may wonder, “What age does Kohl’s hire?” Due to the variety of potentially hazardous tasks in each department, the company has set its minimum hiring age at 17 years. While a high school diploma and work experience are unnecessary to gain employment, those who have a background in retail, sales or customer service may be able to negotiate a higher pay rate than others
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Kohl’s?:
- Does Kohl’s Hire at 17?-Yes. Seventeen is the minimum age requirement for Kohl’s employees.
- Does Kohl’s Hire at 16?-No. Unfortunately, people under 17 are ineligible for hire at Kohl’s.
- Does Kohl’s Hire at 15?-No. Applicants must be at least 17 to work at Kohl’s.
- Does Kohl’s Hire at 14?-No. Kohl’s employees must be 17 or older.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Cashier – These individuals greet shoppers, ring up their purchases, apply coupons and discounts to final sales and upsell products. They may also serve as sales associates when necessary.
- Sales Associate – Sales associates stock shelves and organize displays while maintaining cleanliness in their department. As such, they should be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds. These workers also use their knowledge of company products to answer questions and offer suggestions to patrons.
Applicants who prefer manual labor may find the receiving, unloading, stocking, and cleaning jobs at the department store favorable. However, all candidates generally need to show some customer service aptitude during the hiring process, and managers contact promising applicants via telephone to extend job offers. Some job hopefuls may receive employment offers on the spot.