At What Age Does Marshalls Hire?
Minors as young as 16 can hold entry-level positions at Marshall’s. However, state laws may limit the hours and days these underage employees can perform their tasks each week, and can also restrict their ability to work evening shifts.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Marshalls?:
- Does Marshalls Hire at 17?– Yes. Anyone over 16 can work at Marshalls.
- Does Marshalls Hire at 16?– Yes. The company requires employees to be 16 or older.
- Does Marshalls Hire at 15?– No. Minors must be at least 16 to get a job at Marshalls.
- Does Marshalls Hire at 14?– No. Marshalls only hires individuals over 15 years old.
Qualifications for Young Applicants
Aside from the age requirement, there are few conditions for underage workers looking for a job at Marshall’s. The only other stipulation is that candidates who have completed school or are on summer break must have a diploma or GED. Check your state guidelines to learn whether you need a work permit. While previous retail experience is unnecessary, it may help an applicant’s chances during the screening process.
After a successful interview, new hires usually receive a job offer via phone call. They can then begin either full-or part-time employment, enjoy flexible schedules and advancement opportunities, and make roughly $10.00 for their entry-level position.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Customer Service Coordinator – Customer service coordinators or cashiers run the registers, provide fast, courteous service to patrons, and endure that they leave the store happy. These employees must also maintain a professional appearance and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Merchandise Associate – Merchandise associates handle daily store operations such as displaying products, stocking shelves, marking down items that are on sale, and operating fitting rooms. They also handle layaway transactions and maintain the overall presentation of the store. Hopefuls should possess good communication skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to move around throughout an entire shift and lift up to 50 pounds.