At What Age Does Old Navy Hire?
Old Navy operates as a family fashion retail chain throughout the United States Although the company generally hires workers who are 16, some locations have different age requirements based on the laws of their state. There are stores that refuse to hire anyone under 17 for any reason, while others allow minors as young as 14 to hold entry-level positions as they have a work permit.
Though opportunities for careers in management exist, job seekers must usually stand at least 18 years old to receive consideration for such employment in addition to further experience and employment history. Regardless of experience, an upbeat and friendly personality is one of the most important requirements for working at Old Navy. Hopefuls should also have the ability to stand or move around for lengthy periods of time, and a desire to work with the public. Entry-level management positions may need applicants to be at least 18, and to have a work history of retail and customer service positions.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Brand Associate– Brand associates perform a variety of tasks throughout their shifts. In addition to greeting shoppers, answering their fashion questions, helping customers find the items they need and managing the fitting rooms, they also serve as cashiers.
- Stock Clerk– People who hold a position as a stock clerk work both out front and behind the scenes. They take inventory of all the store merchandise, then open up the deliveries and restock them on the sales floor.
Entry-level employees with Old Navy typically start at minimum wage, but have the opportunity to earn raises and promotions as they gain more experience. It may take up to a week after their interview for hopefuls to receive contact from a hiring manager. However, those who seek seasonal work during busy summer or winter holidays tend to hear back sooner
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Old Navy?:
- Does Old Navy Hire at 17?– Yes. Seventeen-year-olds are eligible for hire at Old Navy.
- Does Old Navy Hire at 16?– Yes. The minimum age requirement for Old Navy employees is 16.
- Does Old Navy Hire at 15?– No. Old Navy prefers to hire workers who are 16 and older.
- Does Old Navy Hire at 14?– No. Applicants must be at least 16 to work at Old Navy.