At What Age Does Target Hire?
Many teens who are looking for employment consider applying to Target. However, they may have some questions about the company’s hiring policies, particularly regarding their age requirements. Typically, Target sets the minimum hiring age for store associates at 16 years old, while those hoping to work in the distribution centers must be 18. Depending on their state’s child labor laws, underage workers may also have to accept restrictions on the number of hours they can work each week.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Target?:
- Does Target Hire at 17?– Yes. Target often hires individuals who are 17.
- Does Target Hire at 16?– Yes. Sixteen is the minimum age requirement for Target employees.
- Does Target Hire at 15?– No. Minors under sixteen are ineligible for hire at Target.
- Does Target Hire at 14?– No. All Target employees must be at least 16.
Hiring managers often correspond with candidates and extend job offers over the phone within a few days after their interviews. Most entry-level employees earn the hourly minimum wage that is common in their state, but this rate may increase over time.
Qualifications for Young Applicants
Target rarely demands that job seekers have a high school diploma or GED. Retail experience is also unnecessary, though it may give applicants a leg-up during the hiring process. All employees should display good customer service skills as well as the ability to work as part of teams.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Cashier – Cashiers work at the frontend of stores greeting customers, scanning purchases, taking payments, and bagging items.
- Cart Attendant – Cart attendants retrieve carts from parking lots, perform cleaning and stocking duties, and bag items when necessary.
- Team Member – Team members work throughout retail stores stocking, cleaning, and offering product knowledge or other assistance to patrons. They also provide an enjoyable and uninhibited shopping experience for customers by maintaining clean store appearances and cleanliness.
Does Target hire women 61 years old ???
Does Target has jobs to work helping the community ?
Can you get a job at Target if you’re one month away from becoming 16? And when applying to work in the summer.
Can I apply at 15? I’m about to be 16 on June 18.
The youngest they hire is 16. I was 16 when I was there and was the youngest in my department.