At What Age Does Wendy’s Hire?
Prior to applying for available jobs, applicants generally need to know at what age does Wendy’s hire. Luckily for individuals under 18, the hamburger chain hires new staff as young as sixteen in most areas and even younger in others with proper permits from local governments. The low age requirements provide access to viable employment options with little-to-no experience and no real need for high school educations or GED equivalents.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Wendy’s?:
- Does Wendy’s Hire at 17? Yes. Many 17-year-olds hold jobs at Wendy’s.
- Does Wendy’s Hire at 16? Yes. Sixteen is the minimum age requirement for gaining employment at Wendy’s.
- Does Wendy’s Hire at 15? Yes. Some states allow Wendy’s to consider 15-year-olds with work permits for hire.
- Does Wendy’s Hire at 14? Yes. Fourteen-year-olds with work permits can work cashier and cleaning positions in some Wendy’s locations depending on state child labor laws.
Wendy’s hiring process differs depending on location and the volume of applicants. Traditionally, candidates go through a round or two of in-person screenings to determine eligibility before hiring. In some cases, however, employees receive informal, on-the-spot job offers upon submitting applications. Entry-level associates receive starting pay between $9.00 and $12.00 per hour but may earn quarterly raises as they gain experience.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Team Member – A typical team member carries out multiple functions, including sanitation of kitchen, counter, and dining areas, ringing up purchases, preparing food, stocking supplies, and interacting with customers. Line cooks are also included in this category, but federal law prohibits minors under 16 from performing food prep or cooking tasks.
Individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and outgoing personalities generally make ideal candidates for team member jobs. Experience in food preparation may prove advantageous as well, although the fast food chain trains entry-level associates upon hire.
can I be 15?
If I’m 13 can I work here at Wendy’s ? I do online school at the moment but I want to be working
I’m 13 can I work ?
I’m 12 can I work at Wendy’s?
I’m sorry but no, it’s illegal. It depends on your state but in general you have to be 16. Some states accept 14 year olds with a work permit though. But no if you’re twelve it’s “child laboring” and is illegal. Wait a few years and I bet you’ll be able to then.
Melanye Martinez says:
Can I work at Wendy’s at age 15
Andrell Johnson says:
Can I be 15
Can I work at wendys when I turn 14?
If you are only 14 or 15 and you start to work at Wendy’s, then what type of jobs will you have to do there?
It depends on what state you live in and the specific age requirements of your local Wendy’s franchise. Ask for more information at a location near you.
I am 15 years old with a work permit.I live in Chicago Illinois will any Wendy’s out here hire me?
how old do you have to be to work part time at Wendy
So in Iowa you can be 14 and work at fast food restaurants such as, McDonald’s and Wendy’s?
If 15 how much paid
Lana rhoades says:
no u have to be 14 and have workers permit
Tahlib haliburton says:
Can you be a manager/shift supervisor at 16?
jasmine bailey says:
how much money do you make in an hour? do you have to start that day or week and how much money will you get if you are a dishwasher?
Naia Danayy says:
I’m 14 and I live in Milwaukee WI. I don’t have a work permit. How would I be able to get one ?
How do I apply during covid because inside of Wendy’s is closed and indeed lists it as 8 hour shifts and I can’t work those hours because of school? Im in Texas btw and 14.
I’m 14 can I still work here?
can i be 14 and work at Wendy’s in new castle,IN ?
I’m 14 years old can I work at Wendy’s in Utah?