Found on the Forbes Global 2000 list, Hugo Boss prevails as a fashion industry leader. Continuing to grow exponentially since inception in 1924, the German-founded company furnishes jobs for more than 12,000 workers stretched across four continents.
Facts About Working at Hugo Boss
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hugo Boss?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Sales Advisor, Head of Retail, Merchandise Controller, Manager in Training, Assistant Sales Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Brand Manager, Designer, Financial Analyst, Administrative Assistant, Human Resources Generalist, Logistics/Transport Manager, Marketing Associate, Warehouse Associate
Hugo Boss Employment Outlook
Hugo Boss successfully generates about $2 billion in annual net sales through the manufacturing of high-end fashion apparel and accessories. Continuing to grow at a rapid pace, the company distributes the trademarked apparel to about 6,000 locations in over 100 different countries. Entry-level career opportunities continue to expand as a result of the prosperity of the company. Individuals contemplating a career in fashion or students seeking part-time work may procure advantageous work within the retail stores.
Most Hugo Boss outlets in the United States offer part- and full-time employment. New-hires generally receive training and assume sales roles almost immediately after hire. Recently hired workers may expect varying schedules including evening, weekend, and holiday hours, while experienced employees exhibiting the right qualities may rapidly climb the promotion ladder. Hugo Boss outlets usually hire outgoing, responsible workers who show enthusiasm for fashion. As the company insists on employee-driven sales, in-depth knowledge of the brand-name offerings remains one of the best ways to successfully prompt a job offer.
Hugo Boss Job Openings and Pay
Hugo Boss permits only workers 18 and over to work within the fashion outlets. Although not required, the fashion chain prefers applicants who possess high school diplomas and prior retail experience. Employment prospects without experience in fashion retail who show aptitude for achievement receive extensive training. Of the many possible routes to advance within the company, the accessible entry-level jobs remain listed below:
- Associates receive base pay equivalent to minimum wage as well as commission percentages of each sale.
- As the pressure to increase sales falls on associates, workers may expect high degrees of social interaction coupled with various suggestive-selling techniques.
- Employees must work within team-oriented structures and often maintain product presentation, advise customers, and assist with final purchases.
- Successful sales associates emit hardworking personas and strive to tastefully outperform competition.
- Employees who surpass the bare minimum requirements to hold a job with the fashion giant may garner the attention of higher management.
- The general manager title stands as the pinnacle of promotional achievement in retail outlets.
- Head managers drive store sales by sufficiently employing subordinates, instituting corporate sales initiatives, and creating customer-friendly environments.
- General manager salary options range from about $40,000 to $50,000 a year and include sales incentives.
- Second in command, assistant managers carry out orders handed down from the general manager, which commonly entail tasks such as floor supervision and fielding customer needs.
- Assistant mangers earn around $10.00 to $14.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
Applicants may find job openings by creating brief profiles on the Hugo Boss website. Applications should take no more than 45 minutes to complete if users stand ready with schedule availabilities as well as work and education histories. Candidates seeking more traditional approaches may inquire within individual outlets, which provides sound opportunities to impress management on duty and improve the odds of receiving interview consideration. Practice interviews should prepare candidates to demonstrate approachability along with positive and outgoing personality traits. As fashion maintains the progress of the company, job hopefuls should dress accordingly.
Individuals who receive no phone calls following application completion should contact hiring managers within a few days to show willingness to work. When contacting hiring staff, ensure the time coincides with the slower part of the day, as managers may overlook applicants calling during peak hours. Interviewees typically receive notifications of hire within a three-to-four week period; however, simply waiting for notice may prove unsuccessful. An expression of gratitude by way of phone or email effectively reveals awareness and general interest for the position.
Benefits of Working at Hugo Boss
Employees enjoy a variety of work benefits at Hugo Boss. Healthcare, 401(k) plans, and paid time off comprise the core job benefits offered to full-time employees by the company. Part-time employees may receive job benefits after extended amounts of time with the company. Additional perks applicable to both employees include tuition assistance, discounted merchandise, and competitive salary packages.
Further Information about Hugo Boss
Hugo Boss inspires people toward success. Accordingly, the fashion retailer supports the development and education of underprivileged children from around the world. In a partnership with UNICEF, the company actively engages in the Schools for Africa initiative. The project consists of improving existing educational institutions in addition to erecting entirely new schools. Additionally, the mission furthers student care by furnishing educational materials for both children and teachers.