Deeply rooted in the heart of Detroit, MI, Hungry Howie's Pizza Inc. offers a wide variety of pizza products with both delivery and carryout options. Founded on the principles great customer service, exceptional menu items, and strategic branding contend with existing national pizza chains, the company enjoys popularity among customers and job seekers alike.
Facts About Working at Hungry Howie's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hungry Howie's?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cashier, Customer Service Representative, Pizza Maker, Food Preparer, Delivery Driver, Shift Leader, Supervisor, Manager
Hungry Howie’s Job Opportunities
Hungry Howie’s oversees hiring at more than 500 locations in almost two dozen states. Basic job titles do not require associates to possess previous experience in food service, and the pizza chain remains a perfect establishment to gain entry-level employment. The restaurant chain offers managerial and leadership job opportunities to experienced pizza industry professionals, as well.
Entry-level jobs at Hungry Howie’s revolve around providing great customer service and preparing menu items in accordance with company guidelines. Many applicants with no job history find work with the pizza delivery chain on the promise of hard work and by demonstrating an upbeat attitude. Workers receive comprehensive training, advancement opportunities, and great pay. Depending on the position, entry-level associates may also earn tips. Motivated employees who start out with entry-level job titles often advance to positions like shift supervisor or even manager.
Upper-level job seekers must typically possess experience in the restaurant industry along with exceptional organizational and team-building skills. Managers must encourage subordinate employees to perform well in the often fast-paced and hectic work environments Hungry Howie’s offers. Consistent leadership and clerical tasks often call for upper-level managers to work full-time schedules and remain on-call for staffing shortages or work emergencies. Submit an application at a local store to start a career in the pizza delivery industry with the prominent chain.
Hungry Howie’s Positions and Salary Information
While experience in the food service industry may help in securing a job with the pizza delivery chain, first-time workers consistently obtain employment with Hungry Howie’s. Job seekers who stand 16 years of age already qualify for entry-level positions, in most cases. However, qualifications for delivery jobs include reliable transportation, clean driving records, and the ability to read a map. Delivery drivers may need to stand at least 18 years of age to start work with the establishment. Managerial applicants may need to possess high school diplomas and even some higher education to qualify for upper-level job titles. While job openings and position requirements often vary by location, the national pizza delivery chain frequently hires for the following positions:
- Insider associates perform the most basic yet crucial duties to restaurant operations.
- Well-rounded insiders receive task delegations from managers at the beginning of each shift.
- Insiders must maintain the ability to assemble pizzas and other menu items, interact with customers in store and over the phone, stock ingredients during slower hours, and clean each restaurant according to Hungry Howie’s specifications.
- Minimum wage typically serves as starting pay for insider associates.
- Driver tasks remain fairly simple but require associates to possess great time management and geographical skills.
- Associates must deliver orders properly and on time while driving safely and obeying all traffic laws.
- Additional duties may include cleaning restaurants and interacting with customers.
- Drivers usually receive minimum wage as base pay and additional tip money during deliveries.
- Managerial job titles consist of shift supervisor, assistant manager, and store manager.
- Shift supervisors often open and close stores, delegate tasks to subordinate employees during shifts, and communicate with upper-level management on store needs.
- As entry-level managers, shift supervisors typically earn hourly wages between $8.00 and $11.00.
- Assistant managers and store managers work together to accomplish administrative as well as big-picture tasks essential to restaurant operations.
- Duties like recruiting, training, scheduling, and maintaining proper inventory levels prove routine for upper-level management.
- Managers must also discuss store needs with franchise owners, meet sales goals, solve customer service issues, and build great teams to prepare and deliver food.
- Each manager earns an annual salary generally falling between $30,000 and $40,000.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers ought to download an application online to complete and submit at a local Hungry Howie’s. The application typically inquires about basic personal information, level of education, desired position, scheduling preferences, and employment history. Job seekers should read the application carefully and print neatly, providing ample information to the questions asked and avoiding clutter. Dress in business-casual attire when submitting the application in person and apply during slower hours to increase the possibility of speaking with a manager. Express a genuine desire to work at the pizza delivery chain when applying.
After submitting the application, job seekers should call the desired location within a week to ensure the hiring manager received the forms for employment. Some managers conduct on-the-spot hiring upon reviewing applications. The Hungry Howie’s hiring process typically lasts no more than two weeks, and managers typically communicate with potential associates via telephone. Some associates credit employee referrals with expediting the hiring process, as well.
Benefits of Working at Hungry Howie’s
Employees enjoy paid training, flexible hours, and advancement opportunities at Hungry Howie’s Pizza. While the base pay remains on par with the rest of the food service industry, the opportunity for delivery associates to earn tip money sometimes increases wages by several dollars an hour. Managerial associates may also earn tips and quarterly bonuses, as well. Employee benefits packages typically vary by location, depending solely on the preferences of the franchise owner. Some stores may offer health and wellness benefits like:
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans, and
- Paid time off.
Additional Information on Hungry Howie’s
Hungry Howie’s claim to fame remains the original flavored-crust creations available on the menu. Customers choose from options like onion, garlic, blue cheese, ranch, Asiago cheese, Cajun, sesame, and butter. Associates infuse flavors into the pizza crusts during preparation, which gives the end product an added burst of taste. The mouthwatering sensation entices patrons to return for more and keeps workers busy during open hours. The carry-out pizza chain sometimes concocts new flavored-crust options to offer fans for limited periods of time. Additional menu items include calzones, Howie breads, and salads as well as a litany of side and drink options. Complete an application to begin an exciting career in the food service industry with an adventurous and popular pizza brand.