Leading hospitality company Hyatt operates reputable, high-quality hotels and resorts on an international scale. Employment seekers find abundant job opportunities throughout the vast network of hiring locations. Over 75,000 employees work at more than 500 hotels worldwide.
Facts About Working at Hyatt
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hyatt?)
Available Positions: Guest Service Host/Hostess, Housekeeper/Room Attendant, Concierge, Hotel Repair & Maintenance Technician, Administrative Assistant, Valet Attendant, Buffet Attendant/Food Runner, AM/PM Greeter, Restaurant Server, Cocktail Server, Banquet Attendant, Bartender/Barback, Food & Beverage Runner, Barista, Cafeteria Attendant, Food Server, Prep Cook, Line Cook, Sous Chef, Busser, Golf Professional, Golf Course Ranger/Marshal, Bell Attendant, Bilingual Customer Server Agent, Billing Coordinator, Cashier/Order Taker, Catering Sales Manager, Director of Security, Door Attendant, Driver, Spa Attendant, Front Office Agent, Front Office Manager, Gallery Host(Guest Service Agent), General Maintenance Engineer, Guest Request Runner, Hotel Service Supervisor, Guest Experience Manager, Restaurant Manager
Hyatt Employment Opportunities
In addition to the widespread presence of existing Hyatt hotels, the company plans to continue opening new resorts and inns. Each location generates dozens of employment opportunities for aspiring workers, as hotels provide customer service, clean and hospitable living environments, amenities, and dining services. Steady turnover rates and growth of existing facilities create new jobs, as well. Applicants face minimal difficulties in finding full-time or part-time work in some capacity with the hotel chain.
Diverse company operations lead to employment openings for candidates of virtually all experience levels. Entry-level roles remain plentifully available. The company commonly hires applicants without formal experience for jobs ranging from food service work to housekeeping positions. Aspirants with prior job histories in the hotel industry may obtain supervisory or management careers. In addition, Hyatt employs skilled workers in fields such as marketing, finance, engineering, accounting, and human resources.
Hyatt Jobs and Salary Options
Applicants need to stand at least 18 years of age to obtain work with the hotel. Full-time and part-time positions alike stand available. Candidates find draws such as industry-competitive pay, advancement opportunities, and lucrative career benefits. The following positions regularly prove obtainable to motivated entry-level job seekers:
- Housekeeping employees maintain the cleanliness, neatness, visual appeal, and sanitation of hotel rooms.
- Duties regularly include changing linens, vacuuming, dusting, making beds, and removing garbage.
- Workers may receive assignments to clean public areas of the hotel, as well.
- The company predominantly hires candidates with at least some relevant experience, the ability to lift and move a moderate amount of weight, strong verbal communication skills, and the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Housekeeping employees typically enjoy wages of about $10.00 per hour.
Food Service Assistant
- Also known as table bussers, food service assistants aid wait staff in providing service to guests.
- Employees chiefly carry dishes and glasses from tables to the kitchen and clean dining areas.
- During busy periods, workers may need to carry out serving duties, including bringing food to patrons and refilling drinks, as well.
- Busser jobs largely represent entry-level opportunities for fit and able candidates.
- Food service assistants earn around $10.00 an hour and may receive pay raises over time.
Front Office Agent
- Making about $13.00 per hour, front office agents assist guests upon arrival to and departure from hotels.
- The positions revolve around providing excellent customer service and upholding welcoming and friendly atmospheres.
- Duties such as processing payments, distributing room keys, and answering guest inquiries remain everyday responsibilities.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to stand for extended periods prove essential qualifications for front office jobs.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry puts candidates at the top of hiring manager lists.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers largely must apply online to obtain work with the hotel chain. Though Hyatt retains a paperless application process, terminals often exist in human resources offices where applicants may fill out hiring documents on site. While completing the online forms, employment hopefuls may save, revise, and resume applications at any time. Candidates should show passion for the industry and knowledge of guest service principles. Maintaining flexible availabilities also improves chances of hire. In addition, submitting resumes remains encouraged but not required. The employer states turning in resumes may significantly reduce the amount of time the hiring process takes.
Submitting applications typically entails about 20 minutes of effort. After turning in staffing documents online, the hiring process usually takes somewhere between a few days and two weeks. Human resources employees inform prospective employees not selected for positions of final decisions by email. Consequently, if applicants do not hear from the employer, continue following up on submitted applications. Remain polite and considerate when speaking with hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working at Hyatt
As a successful hotel company, Hyatt offers attractive employment benefits to qualified associates. Employees remain able to maintain a balance between work and personal lives thanks to paid time off, vacation time, and flexible scheduling options. In addition, workers may receive paid leave to participate in approved volunteer activities. The hotel also regularly provides financial job benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans with company match, stock purchase options, and performance bonuses. Health insurance options typically include:
- Prescription drug
- Dental, and
- Vision coverage.
Employee discounts and free or reduced-price meals remain available, as well.
Further Details on Hyatt
Hyatt Thrive, the corporate responsibility platform maintained by the hotel chain, pursues environmental sustainability, philanthropy, and equal employment rights for all. In addition, the company supports volunteer initiatives. In 2013 alone, employees of the corporation labored over 100,000 combined hours in local community work. Providing disaster relief remains important to the business, as well. The platform raised $270,000 to champion Philippines Typhoon Haiyan relief.