Hyundai believes sustainable growth comes from hiring talented employees dedicated to the core company values of passionate service, innovative challenge solving, and global teamwork. More than 30,000 team members work in dealerships and corporate centers throughout the U.S.
Facts About Working at Hyundai
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hyundai?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Detailer, Car Washer, Service Technician, Auto Technician, Administrative Assistant, Finance Associate, Human Resources Generalist, Internal Auditor, Legal Assistant, Marketing Associate, Parts Specialist, Planner, Public Relations Specialist, Sales Manager
Hyundai Employment Opportunities
Valued associates pursue success by challenging traditional methods of thought and finding new ways to improve existing processes. Passion for cars and customer service guides the actions of associates working in manufacturing facilities, corporate headquarters, design and engineering centers, and research testing sites around the world. The corporate culture of innovation and service also extends to the communities in which employees work and live, with a large focus on social responsibility and charitable giving.
Dealerships across the United States hire workers dedicated to customer service and achieving success through unwavering persistence and innovative thinking. Career-minded individuals may find promising entry-level jobs working in sales, service, or auto repair. The company develops associates by cultivating corporate cultures centered on respecting talent and rewarding success. A focus on continuing professional development allows hardworking employees to advance careers with the company while gaining useful industry knowledge and experience.
Job Opportunities and Wages for Hyundai
Car dealership jobs at Hyundai offer part-time and full-time positions utilizing retail, sales, and customer service skills. Prospective workers may submit applications for the following available positions:
- Automotive salespeople engage customers and project energetic, positive attitudes while promoting vehicle sales.
- Typical duties include greeting customers, answering questions about Hyundai vehicles, accessory packages, pricing details, warranties, and financing options, handling sales paperwork, and conducting test drives.
- Associates must demonstrate professionalism during personal interactions, possess excellent communications skills, and exhibit goal-oriented work ethics.
- Full-time automotive salespeople generally earn salary packages between $50,000 and $70,000 per year depending on sales and commission rates.
- Certified Hyundai automotive technicians work at dealerships and service customer cars.
- Most company auto mechanics earn hourly wages around $26.00.
- Workers express passions for excellent service and ensure thorough, efficient interactions by following dealership policies and workplace safety guidelines.
- Responsibilities for the position include assessing customer vehicles for necessary repair procedures, obtaining required parts, tools, or manual assistance from team members, and executing auto repairs with expert knowledge and attention to detail.
- Delivering unparalleled customer experiences requires automotive mechanics to possess excellent problem-solving skills, experience using hand tools, and technical vehicular knowledge.
- Work environments often necessitate lifting heavy objects, standing, crouching, reaching, and exposure to the elements.
- Lot attendants generally work part-time to care for the upkeep of dealership inventories and sales lots.
- Core job duties entail inspecting vehicles, parking cars in assigned areas, washing, waxing, and polishing new vehicles, shoveling lots and clearing snow from cars during the winter, transporting customers, performing valet services, and following the directions of service managers to fulfill additional duties.
- Qualified associates hold valid driver’s licenses, exhibit appropriate grooming standards and dress codes, and possess the ability to multitask while paying close attention to detail.
- Workers often receive between $9.00 and $10.00 per hour.
Tips For Applying
To apply for part-time or full-time jobs at Hyundai dealerships, interested individuals may submit online application forms available through third-party job search websites or at specific dealership sites. Online applications generally consist of entering personal information, answering questions regarding employment eligibility, and listing education history along with previous work experience. Some job listings may only require applicants to upload resumes and cover letters.
Candidates may place courteous phone calls to desired dealership locations in order to follow up after submitting resumes or to check on the statuses of applications. Prospective employees may also make face-to-face visits to speak with the managers of local dealerships. Since dedication and persistence prove as desirable qualities among potential workers, calling or visiting dealerships may make favorable impressions with hiring managers.
Job Benefits with Hyundai
Each dealership may offer slightly different or unique employment benefits, since most retail locations operate independently. Standard employee benefits packages typically include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid vacations, healthcare coverage
- Employee discounts, and life insurance.
Additional work benefits for eligible associates may encompass performance-based bonuses and paid professional training.
Additional Facts about Hyundai
Standing by commitment to outstanding service, Hyundai operates the Hope on Wheels charity, which raises money to help fight childhood cancer. In 2015, the foundation completed a 17-year-long effort to raise more than $100 million for research and treatment assistance. The auto manufacturer also spearheads initiatives aimed at encouraging students to graduate high school and pursue higher education by providing scholarships, development resources, and support.