IHOP operates as a breakfast-oriented restaurant chain catering to patrons at all hours of the day. The company maintains strong, underpinnings of values, which include integrity, excellence, innovation, accountability, inclusion, trust, and community. Workers complying with company standards often land jobs within the franchise.
Facts About Working at IHOP
Minimum Age to Work at IHOP: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at IHOP?)
IHOP Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location; Typically open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at IHOP: Cook, dishwasher, host, hostess, manager, server, shift leader
IHOP Employee Interview Videos
IHOP Job OpportunitiesThe restaurant makes efforts to support neighboring communities, care for the environment, and value employees. The breakfast house fosters an inclusive workforce with generous employment benefits offered to qualified associates. Hardworking crew members also often receive advancement opportunities within the company. Corporate jobs may additionally exist to qualified applicants. Part-time and full-time entry-level positions become readily available to inexperienced and developed restaurant workers alike. Potential employees at the beginning of a career often land positions with the IHOP crew, while job hopefuls already familiar to the industry may pursue positions such as assistant manager or general manager.
IHOP Employment and Salary InformationIHOP employees must stand at least 16 years old. The chain often awards entry-level jobs to applicants possessing little experience but demonstrated enthusiasm. Management positions typically require prior experience or promotion from a position within the company. Jobs for hire regularly include:
- Hosts greet guests and sit them at appropriate tables along with taking care of to-go orders. Individuals also maintain the work stations in the front of the house.
- The beginning hourly wage for an IHOP host is $8.00.
- Hosts should have a cheery demeanor and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Cooks at IHOP have the tasks of prepping and creating meals for those dining at the restaurant.
- The average cook makes between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- Cooks should know food safety and have a knack for keeping things clean.
- Taking care of guest’s needs, taking food and drink orders, and finalizing transactions are all part of the serving job.
- Servers hold a varying hourly wage depending on location, but receive tips as part of their compensation.
- Friendly mannerisms and the skill set to work in a stressful environment put candidates at an advantage.