With over 40 locations in the United States, Swedish furniture retailer IKEA continually hires new employees to work a multitude of positions in both entry-level and career-focused roles. Interested applicants may apply online or in person at store locations.
Facts About Working at IKEA
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at IKEA?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Controller, Loss Prevention Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
IKEA Interview Videos
IKEA Job Opportunities
Known for eco-friendly, simplistic, and modern architectural furniture and interior design, IKEA blends cost-control, continuous product development, and global expansion while keeping price points effectively down below competition. With such continued expansion, job opportunities persist throughout the company, especially in retail outlets and distribution centers positioned across the country. The furniture company consistently looks for potentials expressing genuine interest in working with the public, displaying regular punctuality, and with flexibility in scheduling. Employees frequently enjoy moves to positions of management after starting in-store jobs, as the major furniture store consistently promotes from within.
Many entry-level jobs with the interior design and furniture retailer focus on customer service and stock duties. Frequently available jobs include cashier, sales associate, and replenishment associate. Each location also offers unique opportunities in various departments, including restaurant services and child care. More career-oriented individuals may seek out managerial positions with the company, as each department typically maintains a direct supervisor as well as assistant and store manager positions. Managerial jobs may necessitate further experiences in retail or related industries and perhaps additional schooling.
IKEA Positions and Salary Information
The retailer typically seeks individuals standing at least 18 years of age with high school diplomas or the equivalent to fill most roles within the company. Additional experience may deem necessary for managerial positions; however, in-house candidates frequently receive consideration, as well. The most readily available positions sit listed below:
- Encompassing different aspects of retail work, a sales associate may assist customers in finding merchandise, perform check out duties, and rotate stock in distinct departments.
- Individuals displaying self-starting attitudes, high motivation to succeed, and the ability to work both independently and within a team typically receive hiring preference.
- Employees regularly must show aptitude for learning new ideas, suggestive selling techniques, and understanding maximization of sales and profitability.
- Generally a part-time position, a sales associate typically earns between $9.00 and $12.00 an hour.
- Sometimes called stock workers, replenishment associates typically work between 15 and 30 hours a week and focus on assessing store merchandise needs.
- Job duties include transporting goods and other items throughout the store as necessary.
- Employees may also report noticeable damage to inventory, merchandise according to store policies, and maintain organized workspaces.
- Replenishment associates should display service-oriented attitudes, demonstrate problem-solving abilities, and hold the capacity to work well in teams.
- A replenishment associate may need to work varying hours, including overnight and weekends.
- Average pay tends to fall between $10.00 and $13.00 an hour.
- The retailer offers a variety of management opportunities for both career professionals and workers new to supervisory experiences.
- Department managers generally represent promoted sales associates supervising definitive areas of the store and subordinate employees, while interacting with customers therein.
- Assistant managers and store managers effectively run the administrative aspects of each store, including staffing, training, initializing store promotions, acting on customer complaints and issues, and ensuring sales and profitability.
- Managers may need additional trainings, certifications, education, and experience in order to qualify for hire.
- Employees in management positions often earn annual salary options ranging from $50,000 to $80,000 depending on store location, tenure, and position.
Tips For Applying
The furniture and design retailer offers applicants comprehensive and straightforward means of finding work through building profiles on the company website. Interested applicants may search available positions before submitting necessary hiring materials. After finding positions matching applicable skills, aspirants may click Apply to Job and fill out necessary profile information, including uploading resumes and CVs where appropriate. Candidates completing profiles may then utilize saved information to apply for further positions at later times and dates, if necessary.
Applicants generally hear back from hiring personnel within one to two weeks of applying. Form emails typically represent the types of communication expected for candidates applying online. Applying in person may help candidates receive on-the-spot interviews with the retailer, especially for positions in store needing filled immediately. Dress appropriately and bring copies of hiring materials, if possible. For applicants not hearing back within a standard time frame, the workers should take initiative and call, email, or visit store locations to respectfully inquire about job status. The act shows genuine interest in gaining employment.
Benefits of Working at IKEA
The international company offers workers a wide range of job benefits upon hire. In addition to excellent pay rates, opportunity for advancement, and flexible work schedules, the design and furniture retailer offers eligible employees medical, dental, and vision benefits. Employees enjoy store discounts valid across the globe and may also receive:
- Sick time
- Paid vacations, and
- Time off
Certain associates may also gain additional retirement options, such as enrollment in company-wide 401(k) retirement plans.
Supplementary Information about IKEA
At select locations, the retailer offers consumers true tastes of native cultures with in-house IKEA Restaurant locations. Offering Swedish-style dishes in addition to local cuisines, the restaurants serve a variety of healthy, organic, and vegetarian options in order to satisfy diners. The company also entertains shoppers on the go with bistro options in case customers prefer snacks to whole meals. Additionally, the international retailer offers shoppers opportunities to shop for tastes of Scandinavia to take home in the Swedish Food Market and frequently offers recipe help on the company website.
I recently got my job at IKEA so I want to thank this website for the application form. and well, after I applied, they contacted me in just a few days.