Nearly 20,000 people hold employment across 48 states with the transportation logistics company J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. Based in Lowell, AR, the trucking leader seeks individuals to fill mostly full-time positions on a continuous basis due to rapid expansion.
Facts About Working at J.B. Hunt
Minimum Age to Work at J.B. Hunt: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at J.B. Hunt?)
J.B. Hunt Hours of Operation: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at J.B. Hunt: Local Driver, Regional Driver, Straight Truck Diver (Class B & C), Owner Operator, Administrative Assistant, Dispatcher, Heavy Duty Tractor/Trailer Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Manager, Marketing/Sales Manager, Operations Manager
J.B. Hunt Job Opportunities
Founded by Johnnie Bryan Hunt on August 10, 1961, J.B. Hunt initially maintained roughly five trucks and seven refrigerated trailers. The growth of the company includes larger fleets, with close to 14,000 trucks and 70,000 trailers and containers. Services include freight movement, revenue equipment, and labor and systems services to meet the needs of customers. Over 400 facilities hire candidates to fill truck driving, office, and maintenance careers. Awards from Fortune Magazine and G.I. Jobs display the commitment the company possess for employees and prospective workers.
The trucking and transportation company values and respects diversity among individuals. Capturing unique perspectives and creating inclusive and supportive atmospheres, J.B. Hunt develops work environments in which personal, professional, and organizational progress prove possible. The business goes the extra step to recruit candidates deeply interested in the transportation industry. Applicants need strong work ethics, team-oriented mentalities, and the ability to communicate effectively.
Employment and Wages Information for J.B. Hunt
Individuals seeking to advance careers in the trucking industry generally find competitive wages and bonuses along with stellar education at J.B. Hunt. Certain age restrictions prohibit candidates under 21 years of age from working with the company. High school diplomas or equivalents stand required, with advanced education needed for some corporate openings. Job seekers may submit applications for the following frequently available positions:
- Hourly wages range from $26,000 to $34,000 for account representative positions.
- Employees schedule appointments for delivery or pick up of freight orders.
- While handling new and existing customer requests, workers must demonstrate excellent communication skills and build lasting rapports.
- Data entry, such as entering orders into the system and tracking loads, requires staff members to maintain computer knowledge and stay up-to-date with company software.
- The ability to work in stressful and quick-paced environments also remains helpful.
Carrier Sales Coordinator
- Marketing the J.B. Hunt brand in the transportation brokerage market, sales coordinators generate leads for new business opportunities.
- Employees may negotiate rates with carriers to ensure the best possible exchange.
- With the potential to earn salary packages as high as $50,000, staff members must demonstrate top-notch customer service and the ability to work under pressure.
- Team members handle client needs by following up and offering solutions to freight inquiries.
- Managing the pickup, transit, and on-time delivery of freight guarantees customer satisfaction and plays integral parts in succeeding in the role.
Regional Truck Driver
- Truck drivers transport items in tractor trailers between cities and across states.
- Employees must become well versed with traffic laws and navigating roadways.
- Lengthier trips may necessitate driving long hours across several states.
- Delivery remains easy with no-touch freight and consistent shipments.
- Entry-level candidates become eligible for paid training and may qualify to earn commercial driver’s licenses for free.
- Competitive pay rates of $48,000 to $58,000 a year with as many as two days home each week draw many applicants.
- Regional positions may include traveling within a seven-state area.
Tips For Applying
Depending on positions desired, candidates may fill out short, pre-qualifying forms to enter into the placement database. Career specialists help applicants locate trucking jobs by matching skills, education, and locales. Basic information, such as prior traffic violations, endorsements, and addresses, helps recruiters find the perfect position for each employment seeker. Other opportunities require aspirants to create profiles and log into the career network to locate potential openings. Applying online remains the best method of submitting applications. Potential employees may also save positions for later or even apply to multiple job openings.
Hiring leaders generally reach out to candidates after a few days. The hiring process frequently begins with phone interviews followed by in-person appointments. Individuals may contact offices to follow up on statuses of applications. Interested applicants should not lose hope if not contacted immediately, which often results from a large number of submissions. Aspirants should reapply in the future if not chosen for open positions. Job seekers receive greater consideration if referred by current employees.
Employment Benefits at J.B. Hunt
To meet individual and family needs, job benefits packages offer comprehensive coverage and diverse options to fit varying lifestyles. Workers select from plans for medical insurance, vision, and dental. Basic life insurance and accidental death remain paid for by the company. Financial benefits such as 401(k) retirement plans and discount programs allow staff members to save money. Competitive pay and monthly performance bonuses encourage strong work ethics. Employees also enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation time, sick days, and holidays. Personnel working in the corporate location gain access to walking trails, volleyball courts, fitness classes, coffee bars, and dry cleaning services.
Further Facts about J.B. Hunt
Committed to the tactful, innovative pursuit of sustainability, J.B. Hunt proudly holds the title of Environmental Protection Agency SmartWay Transport Partner. Given to approximately 10% of companies engaging in the program, the award demonstrates corporate efforts to serve as an environmental steward. By making supply chains green and relying less on carbon-based fuel, the business offers sustainable and competitive services. Strategies include reducing empty mile run between hauls, reducing tractor engine idling, governing top speeds to maximize fuel, and burning bio-diesel fuels if available. Drivers obtain efficiency training to simulate the best ways to utilize fuel, as well.