Revolutionizing the jewelry industry, Jared opened doors in 1993 prepared to deliver ultimate experiences for customers. Employment opportunities, both full-time and part-time, consistently become available within corporate and store locations.
Facts About Working at Jared
Minimum Age to Work at Jared: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Jared?)
Jared Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 12:00pm-5:00pm
Available Positions at Jared: Customer Service Associate, Jeweler, Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Jared Job Opportunities
Jared the Galleria of Jewelry operates as a division of Sterling Jewelers Inc., one of the largest specialty retailers in the market. Headquartered in Akron, OH, the parent company began in 1910 under direction of Henry Shaw. With more than 1,400 stores and brands such as Kay Jewelers, Peoples, and Osterman Jewelers, Sterling Jewelers maintains nearly 8.8% of the total market share in specialty jewelry. Jared successfully brings approximately five times more selection than the average store and utilizes teams of experts to assist customers with purchases. Employees participate in highly regarded training programs in order to create the dazzling shopping experiences consumers come to associate with daily operations.
Fostering environments of opportunity and acceptance, the jewelry company stands as a unique employer of diverse workers. Team members receive four hours of diversity training within the first 90 days of gaining positions. Staff also aid in supporting charitable organizations, such as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Akron Children’s Hospital, and American Cancer Society. The culture of Jared encourages professionals to utilize available resources and coworkers to forge career paths and bring success to both personal goals and the company as a whole.
Jared Salary and Occupations Information
Competitive wages often coupled with bonuses and room for advancement allow individuals with previous experience and high school diplomas (or equivalents) to excel in team environments. Staff should easily connect with customers in order to create enjoyable experiences, regardless of situations. Communication skills, verbal and written, remain necessary for completing job responsibilities. Workers should also possess the ability to assume flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Recruiters regularly review applications from entry-level workers for the following positions:
- Salary packages begin at $9.00 an hour, with experience increasing hourly rates to $14.00 with proper prerequisites.
- Bilingual individuals may enjoy higher salary options.
- Representatives contact delinquent customers in order to create payment arrangements and resolve issues of nonpayment.
- Production standards like collecting cash and moving balances remain achieved and exceeded by employees wishing to advance and earn monthly bonuses.
- Workers must also adhere to federal and state collection and compliance regulations while interacting with clients.
- Possessing computer skills and professional attitudes holds mandatory.
- Overall, team members should enjoy assisting customers experiencing financial challenges, as well.
- According to set quality standards, workers perform finishing polishes for jewelry.
- Positions may also entail customer repairs and new assembly.
- Based on the expectations of Jared, top-notch production and assembly stands required and skills sets must match company anticipations.
- Pay rates extend from $9.00 upwards of $13.00 an hour to exceptional workers with jewelry handling experience.
- Occasionally, staff members may lift as much as 25 pounds, engage in repetitive movements, and remain sitting for extended periods of time.
- Employees also work with various polishing compounds and chemicals.
- Work environments, fast-paced and quota-driven, require team members to pay attention to details.
Sales Team Member
- Welcoming bold and expressive members to excel in team environments, Jared consistently seeks individuals prepared to engage with the public.
- Creative employees able to stay energized while delivering exceptional service and achieving sales fare well in the demanding positions.
- Promotions based on performance allow sales members opportunities to participate in certification programs and advance knowledge and abilities.
- Workers should hold high schools diplomas or equivalents along with previous experience in sales and client interaction.
- Assistant manager and manager positions remain obtainable for aspirants able to effectively reach sales goals and retain customer bases.
- Hourly wages range from $9.00 to $17.00, depending on applicants qualities and length of employment.
Tips For Applying
Gaining employment with the jewelry company may begin either online or through in-person visits. The online careers portal maintained by the jeweler allows users to search through obtainable corporate opportunities and submit applications. For individuals interested in retail occupations, the portal allows members to apply online with general applications or search for local stores. Online contenders complete virtual job tryouts for select positions to complete common duties found at retail stores. If arriving in person, candidates should demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and interest in the jewelry industry.
Hiring processes normally take between two and three weeks to successfully navigate. Online applicants receive phone calls from recruiters requesting in-person interviews. Typically, candidates must complete two to three meetings before receiving job offers. Additional tests for personality and sales abilities may accompany interviews. Contenders may also follow up in person at retail stores and request updates on application statuses. By demonstrating persistence and determination, hiring managers notice aspirants more easily. If not able to arrive face-to-face with managers, job seekers may also call to check on application submissions.
Jared Employment Benefits
Depending on hourly status and length of service, employees stand eligible for total rewards packages. Financial opportunities range from competitive pay and bonus potentials to 401(k) retirement plans and discounted stock purchase plans. Medical insurance, along with dental and vision, make up comprehensive healthcare coverage. Life insurance and disability also protect workers and families from unfortunate events. Further work benefits like:
- Paid time off
- Employee assistant programs, and
- Tuition reimbursement round out desirable rewards.
More Details on Jared
Partnered with organizations to help children, Jared passionately donates time and money to support missions. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, located in Memphis, TN, operates as one of the premier research and development centers in the world for pediatric cancer and other diseases. In the past 16 years, team members successfully donated over $46 million to the hospital. The company also joined Jewelers for Children founded by the U.S. jewelry industry to help children in need. More than $37 million went to various programs to benefit children effected by illness, abuse, or neglect. Charity partners include Make-A-Wish Foundation of American, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and National CASA Association.