Jason's Deli gives job seekers ideal opportunities to work for a thriving restaurant chain with locations across more than 25 states. The nationwide chain of deli-style restaurants hires entry-level applicants to work as hourly employees and recruits experienced managers to provide leadership at each location. Energetic workers with ambition and the desire to advance professionally often enjoy the strongest hiring consideration when applying for employment with the deli chain. The restaurant company offers career advancement opportunities based on knowledge, leadership abilities, and performance on the job.
Facts About Working at Jason's Deli
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Jasons Deli?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Team Member, Sandwich Maker, Baker, Prep Cook, Line Cook, First Assistant Restaurant Manager, General Restaurant Manager, Catering Assistant, Catering Manager, Delivery Truck Driver, Order Entry Associate, Shipping Coordinator, Marketing Manager, Regional Class A CDL Truck Driver, Order Selector
Jason’s Deli Job Opportunities
Developing the leadership skills of employees serves as a major point of emphasis for Jason’s Deli. The restaurant chain maintains a dedicated Leadership Institute where associates take advantage of free classes devoted to teaching the core values of the company. Hourly workers can also enroll in The Fishing School, a program designed to give entry-level employees the tools necessary for transitioning into leadership roles and management positions. In addition to enabling career advancement, the deli restaurant chain rewards associates with generous pay and other attractive job benefits.
Most workers begin careers at Jason’s Deli in entry-level capacities. The chain of delicatessens hires entry-level applicants to fill a wide range of hourly jobs, such as delivery driver and order taker positions. Job seekers looking for entry-level work should visit a deli location in person between 2:00p.m. and 4:00p.m. to fill out an application form. While potential employees must apply for hourly jobs in person, candidates interested in management positions can apply online by electronically submitting a resume to the email address listed on the company website.
Jason’s Deli Job Vacancies and Pay Scale Information
Whether applying for an entry-level job or a deli management career, each prospective worker needs to have a passion for serving quality food and a commitment to fulfilling the needs of customers. Jason’s Deli jobs also demand schedule flexibility, as associates regularly work a variety of shifts and different days of the week. The following list outlines a few of the most popularly available job titles:
- Delivery driver jobs require applicants to have a valid driver’s license, reliable and insured transportation, and a clean driving record.
- Job duties primarily involve delivering food orders to customers at local offices and private residences.
- Delivery drivers also collect and process payments when dropping off orders.
- During slower periods with fewer deliveries, employees may need to assist with general restaurant duties, as well.
- Delivery drivers typically earn around minimum wage, with the potential for increased pay based on customer gratuities.
- Job seekers applying for order taker positions should feel comfortable conversing with customers on a regular basis.
- Workers take customer orders in-person and over the phone, operate cash registers to process sales transactions, and ensure collection of payments.
- Outgoing personalities, aptitude for serving customers with professionalism and enthusiasm, and solid math skills generally aid candidates in landing order taker jobs.
- The entry-level position usually pays between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour.
- Managers work to ensure commercial success by maintaining high standards of service throughout the restaurant and by building relationships with customers.
- Deli management careers entail hiring and training new associates, leading and supervising work shifts, keeping track of restaurant finances, and developing strategies for generating sales.
- Managers also carry out administrative responsibilities, such as creating work schedules and ordering supplies, which directly affect the daily operations of the restaurant.
- Applicants need to have either one to two years of management experience or a degree in hospitality or culinary arts.
- Salary options for managers depend on job title and experience.
- Assistant managers typically earn between $30,000 and $40,000 per year, while general managers often make upwards of $50,000 in annual salary.
Tips For Applying
Applicant pools often get competitive, which requires aspirants to stand out and hold the attention of managers. Job seekers become a part of the team by maintaining flexible availability and holding previous experience. Upbeat personalities and reliable transportation also bolster candidate odds of employment. When applying, hopefuls should highlight past work history in the food industry. Job responsibilities of prepping, cooking, cleaning, interacting with customers, and using a cash register demonstrate the right knowledge for positions with the deli chain. Job seekers may opt to apply for multiple openings nearby to increase the likelihood of acquiring interviews and positions, as well.
Individuals eager to receive feedback on application forms may choose to forgo waiting and instead reach out to recruiters within two to three days of submission. Job seekers must avoid lunch and dinner rushes if on-the-spot interviews remain an intention. During slow periods, workers should kindly ask cashiers or counter employees to speak with a manager in regards to applications submitted. When speaking with hiring leaders, aspirants should explain previous employment, skillsets related to the responsibilities of the opening, and interests in working with customers and food. If contenders wait for managers to reach out, expect one to two weeks before receiving a phone call or email.
Benefits of Working at Jason’s Deli
Besides providing ample opportunities for professional development and career advancement, Jason’s Deli offers a variety of other employment benefits to enhance the lives of workers. Employees have the opportunity to enroll in 401(k) retirement plans after one year of service. The restaurant chain also offers paid vacation time to eligible associates. Other job benefits routinely available to qualified workers include:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life insurance, and
- Employee recognition programs
Additional Details on Jason’s Deli
Fresh food made with natural ingredients sets Jason’s Deli apart from other fast food restaurants. The deli chain complements a full range of specialty deli sandwiches with a wide selection of salads and meatless dishes. A leader in the effort to make the fast food industry healthier, the company ranks as the first major restaurant chain to ban products with artificial trans fats and high fructose corn syrup from its menu.