JetBlue Airways travels to around 100 locations and has a fleet of nearly 250 planes. Originally founded in 1998 as NewAir, the company is known for low-cost flights and generous amenities.
Facts About Working at JetBlue Airways
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at JetBlue Airways?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Ticket Sales Agent, Baggage Handler, Flight Attendant, Crewmember
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
JetBlue Airways Job Opportunities
Since the company is always growing, jobs are often available. Entry-level positions are open at airports, in the air, or on the ground. Candidates begin by submitting a JetBlue Airways job application. Some roles require previous experience and the ability to relocate.
The airline seeks workers who have excellent people skills. Positive and outgoing applicants stand out to hiring managers. Many JetBlue Airways careers involve helping patrons, meaning prior work in retail or customer service is a welcome advantage.
Possible Relocation and Time Commitment
Most inflight JetBlue jobs require employees to relocate or commute. Once hired, these crewmembers will likely get assigned to specific cities in North America. Hopefuls looking to fly should be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
Employment and Salary Information for JetBlue Airways
Entry-level jobs at JetBlue Airways can lead to long-lasting careers. Positions may include employment benefits, such as salary options and medical insurance. Full-time, part-time, and seasonal work is regularly available for the following:
- These employees attend to patrons during flights, give safety instructions, and secure the cabin.
- Hiring managers look for calm, patient workers to fill this JetBlue Airways job.
- Inflight crewmembers get an annual salary package of $40k on average, but it could increase with experience.
- Workers handle tickets, coordinate check-in and boarding, and assist customers.
- Those who prefer a fast pace, have strong computer skills, and enjoy working with the public will thrive.
- The pay rate for Airport Operations crewmembers is about $25k per year.
- Duties for this JetBlue job involve servicing equipment, sorting baggage, and guiding aircraft.
- Employees must be capable of physical labor, heavy lifting, and working outdoors in any conditions.
- Ground Operations crewmembers typically earn hourly wages between $12.00 and $19.00.
Tips for Applying
Hopefuls can apply online by submitting job applications on the JetBlue career website. Note any relevant work or school history on the forms. The hiring staff looks for job-related skills when making a decision. Be prepared for potential drug tests, background checks, and rounds of interviews.
Depending on the role, the JetBlue Airways interview process may take up to a few months. Some jobs have a series of intense screenings. Most applicants hear back within a few weeks. Candidates can contact the employer by phone or email to check on the status of their application form.
Benefits of Working at JetBlue Airways
In addition to work experience, the airline usually provides healthcare coverage, life insurance, and paid time off. Other JetBlue job benefits may include:
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Free and reduced-rate travel benefits
Additional Information about JetBlue Airways
The airline hosts a community service event to support local families and charities. It also promotes diversity and inclusion with its hiring practices. JetBlue Airways jobs offer employees a chance to grow in a company that inspires passion and teamwork.
Ketanya Peart says:
How do I apply for the position of flight attendant at JetBlue Airways?
Lydia Montano says:
Yes I worked for Jetblue from 2004 to 2010 as an inflight crewmember. Would love to work with them again. I love the company and the lifestyle.
Angela moore says:
How do you apply at Jetblue?