With more than 45,000 employees, Jewel-Osco consistently provides great entry-level job opportunities for employment seekers. The grocer staffs almost 200 stores throughout the Midwest and provides many services common to other traditional supermarkets. Popular job titles include cashier, stock associate, deli clerk, cake decorator, and customer service representative.
Facts About Working at Jewel Osco
Minimum Age to Work at Jewel Osco: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Jewel Osco?)
Jewel Osco Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Jewel Osco: Cashier, Service Clerk, Customer Service, Stock Associate, Manager
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Jewel-Osco Job Opportunities
Entry-level candidates without experience in the grocery store industry generally find work at Jewel-Osco without issue. Qualifications for work with the supermarket may require applicants to possess a high school diploma and flexible schedule availability. Dependability, honesty, outgoing personalities, and willingness to learn all prove desirable characteristics of potential workers, as well.
Additional employment opportunities with the grocery store chain include managerial careers, shift supervisor jobs, and corporate positions. Jewel-Osco likes to hire management from within, and the supermarket often screens for loyal employees searching for a career in the industry. Most employees start out as entry-level associates, with promising workers moving up to managerial positions over time. Qualifications for advanced job opportunities with the grocery store chain may consist of secondary education and/or associated experience as well as great leadership and organizational aptitude.
Jewel-Osco Employment and Pay ScalesJewel-Osco regularly hires workers to fill both entry-level jobs and full-time careers. Applicants hoping for basic positions must typically stand 16 years of age or older. Upper-level positions sometimes carry a minimum hiring age of 18. The grocer offers part-time and full-time positions featuring great pay scales and employee benefits for qualifying associates. Potential associates may apply online for the following jobs:
- Primary responsibilities include completing transactions and providing customer service.
- Most cashier employees earn roughly $9.00 per hour.
- Desirable traits of cashier associates include friendly, attentive, and efficient workers.
- Primary job duties for Jewel-Osco store clerks include stocking and organizing shelves and displays, assisting customers with purchases, and carrying out various departmental duties, such as cutting meats or arranging flowers.
- Base pay for Jewel-Osco store clerk workers falls between minimum wage and $8.00 per hour.
- Jewel-Osco associates must demonstrate willingness to work as part of a team and friendly, personable demeanors.
- The most prevalent job duties for Jewel-Osco managers include hiring, training, supervising, and scheduling subordinate workers.
- Managers working for Jewel-Osco earn between $35,000 and $70,000 annual salary, on average.
- Basic hiring requirements include previous experience working for a grocery store or as a manager and the ability to effectively delegate, organize, and train workers. Jewel-Osco only hires candidates 18 years of age and older for management positions.
Tips For Applying
Most workers pass through multiple stages to gain employment during the Jewel-Osco hiring process. Depending on the position desired, individuals may need to sit through successive interviews with staff and/or submit to drug screenings. Background checks also prove pivotal parts of the employment process. Applicants should understand submitting hiring forms may not automatically qualify hopefuls for review. However, the chain maintains applications on file for up to six months, in most cases.
The Jewel-Osco hiring process may take anywhere from one day to a few months to complete. In most cases, job hopefuls pass through the necessary procedures to receive employment consideration in a week or two. Individuals with experience in the industry or referred by current employees may complete the process in less than a week. Online applicants may check on hiring statuses via individual careers profiles. Logging into the company job portal allows real-time updating on applications. A simple phone call or visit to a local store also provides chances to ask about hiring statuses and prime opportunities to inquire more into workplace cultures and positions desired.