Jiffy Lube stands as a trusted name in the automotive service industry. Employees at over 2,000 locations nationwide provide excellent service, which gains customer trust and loyalty. The firm encourages workers to enhance skills, gain certifications, build reputations, and advance careers.
Facts About Working at Jiffy Lube
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Jiffy Lube?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Advisor, Guest Services Advisor, Key Holder, Lube Technician, Mechanic, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, State Inspector, Fleet Sales Representative, A/C Technician, Floor Manager, Service Manager
Jiffy Lube Job Opportunities
Hardworking associates make the automotive service firm one of the most recognized and trusted companies in the nation. Jiffy Lube employees keep millions of cars and trucks running at top efficiency every year by performing quick-lube services, such as oil changes, coolant system services, air conditioning inspections, brake services, tire inspections, and transmission fluid replacements. According to Los Angeles Times, over 250 million cars exist in the United States, each needing an oil change every 3,000 to 5,000 miles as well as other preventative maintenance on a regular basis. Services provided and high and ongoing demands for vehicle maintenance in the U.S. create consistent job opportunities in an ever-expanding industry.
The company hires workers possessing skills in automotive maintenance. However, extensive on-the-job training remains available for new workers. Workers must complete the Jiffy Lube University program, which stands recognized by the American Council on Education as eligible for college credit. The comprehensive job training program distinguishes the company as an Automotive Service Excellence Accredited Training Provider. By providing such tools for success, the auto repair company helps associates lay foundations for careers in the automotive industry.
Jiffy Lube Positions and Salary Options
Most positions available involve hybrid functions on a daily basis. Jiffy Lube technicians fulfill the roles of customer service advisors answering customer questions about vehicle maintenance, products, and services in addition to performing automotive care procedures. Individuals looking to begin diverse careers in the automotive industry may apply for the following job openings:
- Lube technicians perform automotive services on customer vehicles.
- Associates receive comprehensive training through the award-winning Jiffy Lube University to gain skills and certifications necessary for success.
- Pay comes in at hourly wages of $10.00, depending on experience, with raises given after the completion of job training.
- Common responsibilities include checking fluid levels on different types of cars, ensuring proper tire inflation, conducting vehicle inspections, and changing oil.
- Service bays where technicians work prove fast-paced environments requiring employees to regularly move and lift heavy objects, perform manual labor, and operate cars, trucks, and heavy machinery.
- Associates must possess valid driver’s licenses.
Customer Service Advisor
- Customer service advisors help customers make informed decisions about services, maintenance procedures, products, and warranty packages.
- Treating customers with respect and honesty stands as a key component of service at Jiffy Lube.
- Employees in the role work for $10.00 an hour, with advancement possibilities over time.
- Associates create positive guest experiences by anticipating customer needs.
- Commanding full knowledge of the products and services offered by the company, keeping guests up to date throughout maintenance processes, and informing customers of manufacturer recommendations encompass basic job duties.
- Candidates holding previous customer service experience, such as jobs in retail, restaurants, or hotels, stand preferred.
- The abilities to meet sales goals, engage in positive face-to-face customer interactions, and understand vehicle safety rules and maintenance guidelines prove essential.
- Service managers lead technicians and customer service advisors to meet standards of excellence customers expect when coming to Jiffy Lube.
- By combining efforts with general and regional managers, service managers increase store revenues.
- Pay starts out between $13.00 and $14.00 an hour, with training opportunities leading to career advancement.
- Other duties include resolving customer service issues, leading store meetings, managing store inventory, mentoring team members, and maintaining the building and equipment.
- Daily tasks incorporate the use of heavy machinery and lifting heavy objects, as well.
- Candidates submitting applications should hold one or two years of retail management experience, possess excellent communication skills, and retain valid driver’s licenses.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals may experience success applying in person at any store locations. Managers may hire qualified applicants for entry-level positions on the spot with only a short interview process. Otherwise, the hiring process may take up to three weeks. Candidates may also apply online for positions with the company. The interview process generally consists of basic personality questions to determine if a potential employee fits in well with the existing team. Previous automotive experience proves unnecessary because Jiffy Lube requires entry-level associates to undergo extensive on-the-job training.
Candidates who submit online applications may receive rejection or acceptance notifications by email or phone. Such notifications may take more than a week to arrive. Applying in person remains the quickest way to receive application status feedback. Managers may approve in-person applications right away, or within several days as opposed to several weeks. Calling or visiting the store to ask the manager about the status of an application proves acceptable.
Worker Benefits at Jiffy Lube
Jiffy Lube offers industry-leading work benefits to eligible employees. The nationally accredited on-the-job training program offers:
- Associates the ability to train marketable skills, earn college credits, and gain important certifications.
- Additionally, employment benefits packages include 401(k) retirement plans, healthcare coverage, dental, vision, and medical insurance, paid time off for birthdays, and paid vacation after five years of service.
- Workers enjoy comfortable work-life balances, as most stores do not remain open late in the evening.
More about Jiffy Lube
Since the company began in 1979, Jiffy Lube continues to lead the industry with important innovations. The automotive service shop invented the window sticker to remind drivers when to perform oil changes, and developed a company-wide database to help customers stay up to date on service records. Company in-depth training programs received the number one ranking in Training Magazine for excellence in developing employee skills. The company also received a top-three ranking among Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500 list in 2013.