Iron Bow Technologies in Herndon, VA is searching for a results oriented and service driven Sr. Project Control Analyst who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The ideal candidate should have strong relationship building and collaboration, judgment, team work, and the ability to work with various partners to maintain strong overall governance of the revenue recognition and projects processes. This person must be a self-starter and able to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the projects structure, cost accruals, billings and financial reporting.
- Responsible for assigned project setup, validation/correction of revenue recognition calculations and the review of unbilled accounts receivable balances.
- Prepare monthly project accruals, acting as liaison between Accounting personnel and Project Managers to ensure all monthly expenses are accounted for.
- Analyze actual costs and understand if improper cost allocations have occurred on assigned projects.
- Analyze actual costs against budget and/or forecast and understand impact variances may have of sales/profit margin, EAC calculations, contract performance and cash flow on assigned projects.
- Analyze, understand and report on assigned unbilled balances.
- Maintain constant interaction with Project Managers and Finance and Accounting personnel to ensure the contractual obligations of assigned projects are met and followed and potential risks are mitigated.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all assigned projects related financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely billing of assigned projects related billings.
- Review, code and submit supplier invoices and voucher corrections to Accounts Payable, as needed.
- Assist Project Managers in preparation of monthly project forecasts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work within specified deadlines.
- Strong personal computer skills, including detailed working knowledge of Excel capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requirements.
- Ability to learn
- Clear ability to take ownership of issues and pursue potential resolutions through to completion.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Business Suite (EBS) or other large ERP system preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 or more years of project control experience.
- Experience with FAR, CAS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), to include a detailed understanding of revenue recognition concepts.
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.