BGIS North America
BGIS is currently hiring a Mainframe Planner (Lead Critical Facility Engineer) to join our Team in Ashburn, VA
BGIS is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 globally, BGIS relentlessly focuses on delivering innovative service solutions that create value for its clients. Globally, BGIS manages over 30,000 facilities totaling more than 340 million square feet across several markets including Government, Higher Education, Utilities, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and Cloud Enterprise. In addition to managing a diverse portfolio of corporate offices, retail, colleges, hospitals and industrial assets, BGIS is a world leader in the management of data centers and other critical environments.
This a lead Critical Facility Engineer will provide on-site technical expertise and will be responsible for the physical infrastructure and the support of IT and IT related equipment. The Candidate will provide space planning on the raised floor for the installation, decommissions, upgrades and moves for Mainframe, mid-range, and associated hardware. Candidate must have experience in racking and cabling management and provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for system administer / technical support teams.
- Strategic planning for IT installations from a single rack mounted device up to large servers, components and peripherals.
- Coordination of power whip installations between the DC power distribution infrastructure and the floor mounted IT devices.
- Identify problems related to facilities installations, configuration, operations, or performance and have knowledge of the client's availability and performance requirements.
- Participates in driving the efficient use of data center infrastructure and power through accurate inventory management and equipment placement and tactical energy management activities including, but not limited to blanking panel installations, perf tile management, hot spot management and containment.
- Communicates with requester on progress of requests, maintains a high standard of satisfaction from requesters,
- performs coordination activities associated with the installation and/or de-installation/disposal of raised floor hardware inventory.
- Develop/Maintain floor layouts and 3D inventory/Power Connection Mapping for new/existing customer
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise hardware components, such as servers, storage, switches, PDU s, KVM s
- Ability to set up, configure, install, cable, and troubleshoot various types of rack mounted hardware.
- Knowledge and understanding of Media Management activities, such as tape rotation and media storage.
- Knowledge and understanding of circuit testing, loopback, and signal testing, and complex cable configurations.
- Familiar with server hardware and OS (Windows and Unix (Aix, Linux, or Solaris).
Qualifications - Internal
- U.S. Citizenship is a requirement
- 3-5+ years related work experience with knowledge in the Data Center MF and Distributed Server, Storage and Network IT
Basic hardware knowledge - Data center experience (raised floor computer room)
Data processing operations experience, basic PC tools knowledge
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.