Creative Financial Staffing
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is an innovative communications and marketing strategies government contractor who applies strategic communications, science and evidence-based research, public health theory, and innovation to their blend of content and technical expertise. They use this expertise to help share knowledge that empowers audiences to improve their well being.
- Due to growth they seek an employee to join their team in Rockville, MD as a Junior Accountant! This is an entry level position, and they would consider recent graduates with intern experience. Any previous experience with accounts payable, government contracting and Costpoint would also be considered. Must be US Citizens or authorized to work in the US. Yearly salary is $40,000 - $45,000.
- Twenty-five years ago, this company was built on a vision, a mission, and a framework of values that continue to ignite them daily. They offer the stimulation and inventiveness of a start-up company balanced with the gravitas and accumulated wisdom of a long-established and proven firm.
- This company offers a thriving environment with opportunities for their employees to:
- Make a difference by contributing their best thinking to solving challenging public health problems.
- Pursue their professional passions through idea generation, mentoring, and Strengths Finder programs.
- Engage in wellness activities that make it easy to build healthier practices into every workday.
- The leadership team is dedicated to employee success.
- The company has a high sense of community and values teamwork
- Employees participate in community outreach and active volunteer programs
- They are invested in giving back and served over 100 different charities last year
- The company is known for investing in their employees and promoting from within
- They offer excellent benefits, including: 401K, team member discounts, company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending account, and highly competitive base salaries
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- People, atmosphere, owners, vision of organization. The owners are the nicest and most caring individuals one can ever hope to meet. They actually care and have concerns for each and every employee s well being. The mission at IQ Solutions is one that is carried out by mostly all individuals. We have the best resources to do our job.
- Great companywide culture. Strong support and resources available for professional growth.
Overview of the Junior Accountant role:
- Providing accounting and clerical support to the accounting department, including reviewing and coding vendor invoices, expense reports and check requests in a timely manner and keen attention to detail.
- Entering key data of financial transactions in a database.
- Preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records, including the payable filing system, vendor files and check registers.
- Reconciling accounts in a timely manner.
- Researching, tracking and restoring accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Participating in monthly and fiscal-quarter closings, preparing general ledger journal entries and analyzing expense variances.
- Informing management and compiling reports/summaries on different areas of financial activity.
- Adhering to all established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Frequent interactions with vendors, staff, and management.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications for the Junior Accountant:
Associates degree in Accounting/Finance. Bachelor s degree preferred.
Previous Accounting experience a plus
Previous AP experience a plus
CostPoint experience a plus