CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Material Handler II Federal (Warehouse) is responsible for receiving, tracking, shipping and documenting materials for various customers programs.The Main Responsibilities
- Prepare and process daily installation orders, and coordinate with freight carriers and installers delivery scheduling, shipment tracking and problem resolution. Perform fulfillment activities associated with picking, packing and shipping daily.
- Able to provide clear and concise oral and written communications to internal and external customers. Actively provide feedback and assure information is timely, accurate and relevant. Occasional internal contact with order initiator (requestor) and consignee as required for clarification, expedite order requests, order status pertaining to requests, purchases, and returned orders.
- Perform cycle counts and material stocking to storage locations. Open and seal crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers associated with product verification for receiving, inventory and shipping. Collect, sort, receipt, store and distribute materials associated with daily returns and de-installed equipment. Perform on call after hours duty for emergency service outages and or replacement requests.
- Perform all transactions in the warehouse management systems, which requires learning SAP and LCAM applications.
- Perform daily cycle counts and inventory reconciliations matching physical inventory counts to SAP on hand balances. Review and investigate system variances via SAP transactional history research and make appropriate system corrections/updates to sync SAP inventory balances. Restock/replenish inventory stocking and forward picking locations including warehouse restack and product relocations. Perform all inventory bin transfers and transactional updates in SAP system to complete material movement to final location.
- Load and unload materials as required confirming shipments against load BOL's. Open crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers and validate part numbers, quantities and serial numbers against material pack list. Perform material receipt transactions in SAP and LCAM systems to close open receipt line and show material received in the warehouse. Store receipted material in storage location and complete SAP system transaction confirming material is stored in an assigned storage location. Identify exceptions such as shipping errors from vendors, and initiate exception process.
- Pick orders from daily requisitions and complete SAP system transactions confirming parts, quantities, and serial numbers being removed from on hand inventory. Verify, pack and create associated shipment documents and ship orders utilizing UPS WorldShip for parcel shipments or freight carriers for LTL shipments.
- Receive RMA, de-install and field returns. Validate part, quantity and serial number against return paperwork and engage Property team for dispositioning and removal.
- Perform periodic on call after hours shipment requests. Required to lookup requested items in SAP systems and perform necessary system/order transactions to correctly remove items for shipment. Perform customer service activities including written and verbal communication to resolve customer issues and requests such as order disposition, expedited shipping, freight/parcel issues.
* High School/GED
* A minimum of 1-2 years warehouse experience is required, including operating directly in warehouse management system
* Proficient in computer systems knowledge and skills, as well as experience with Outlook, Excel and Word applications
* Familiarity and experience in warehouse fundamentals including knowledge of basic practices, and procedures of material receipt, order fulfillment, RMA returns and inventory management
* Must be able to operate a forklift, load and unload materials, and have the ablity to lift up 50 lbs
* Must be a motivated self-starter able to work individually or within a team, and have the ability to monitor and work from logical inventory work queues
* Capable of identifying items by mfg. part number and serial number when applicable
* Must have good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and good oral and written communication skills
* Must be flexible in job tasks, and have the ability to perform on call and call out duties 24 X 7 on a rotational basis
* Ability to learn systems and processes quickly, and to communicate effectively to address issues
* Experienced working in a high-volume warehouse
* Experienced with SAP and SAP WM systems
* Experience and knowledgeable handling government materials and equipment
US Citizenship required
Secret Clearance (applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition #: 225184
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.