Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldGeneral Clerk I
General Clerk I
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 20,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, Va.
PAE has an opportunity for a General Clerk I to join our team on our Federal Government contract in Sterling, VA.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Inbound mail processing including processing returned mail
- Identify, classify, sort and reconcile mail both electronically and manually
- Assemble document batches
- Electronically logs mail
- Operates a postage meter
- Stages mail for dispatch mail sorting, logging and mail staging
- Operates automatic letter sorter and parcel sorting equipment
- Seals mail bags and pouches
- Processes bulk mail
- Coordinates mail pickup and delivery with other processing facilities
- Performs functions to meet established processing schedules
- Performs duties in accordance with safe warehouse operations policies and practices
- Maintains knowledge of contract performance requirements and acceptable quality levels for assigned tasks to achieve contract compliance
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the government clearance / suitability determination as required to work on the program.
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years previous experience in general office work
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills required: Computer literate
- Express and exchange ideas clearly in the English language, written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
- Attention to detail
- Ability to relate to others in a friendly, courteous, and business-like manner
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects office equipment; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to Lift up to 70 pounds, bend, reach, carry, stoop, kneel, climb, etc.
- This position is performed in a mail operations environment
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.