Joe's Crab Shack seeks employees to grow with the full-service, casual dining seafood chain, which operates more than 130 restaurants in 35 different states. The franchise welcomes employees interested in working with a team in casual yet professional environments.
Facts About Working at Joe's Crab Shack
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Joe's Crab Shack?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Bartender, Busser, Dishwasher, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Manager, Recruiting Assistant, Development and Facilities Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Joe’s Crab Shack Job Opportunities
Ignite Restaurant Group, parent company of Joe’s Crab Shack and other popular restaurant brands, requires all associates to follow a written Code of Conduct. Within the document, the company provides a list of core operational values, which include caring deeply, leading boldly, embracing exceptional people, communicating openly and honestly, doing the right thing, and following through with what one agrees to do. Job hopefuls confident in the ability to embody the outlined agenda may land employment, with the potential for career advancement within the company.
The company also values an open door policy enabling employees to solve problems by sharing concerns and frustrations. Job seekers hoping to work for a company that encourages the input and integrity of workers should pursue one of the readily available part-time or full-time entry-level positions.
Joe’s Crab Shack Positions and Salary Information
Candidates must satisfy an age requirement typically hovering around 18 years to gain hire. Prospective employees providing little prior work experience may suit the qualifications for jobs such as dishwasher or host. Applicants offering more extensive backgrounds working for a restaurant may pursue a position such as server or manager. A list of opportunities regularly available to job seekers sits below:
- The basic tenants of bartender jobs include Mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with restaurant specifications.
- Bartenders must prove capable of providing guests with food and drinks in courteous and timely manners.
- The average bartender typically receives pay between $2.00 and $8.00 an hour in addition to gratuities.
- A popular entry-level position, server jobs involve providing guests with food and drinks in expedient and accurate manners.
- Responsibilities include acknowledging guests immediately, staying visible at all times in order to assist guests and team members, maintaining knowledge of all foods and beverages offered, applying suggestive sales approaches, and participating in celebration dancing when required.
- Applicants should possess previous restaurant experience and reading, writing, and verbal skills.
- Each server may receive between $2.00 and $8.00 plus tips.
- Line cook positions usually offer part-time and full-time options for scheduling.
- Workers take responsibility for preparing meals in accordance with company recipes and specifications.
- Other responsibilities include maintaining clean and safe work environments, showing urgency by following time guidelines, and inspecting preparation and serving areas for proper food-handling practices.
- Line cooks receive hourly pay between $9.00 and $12.00 an hour.
- Primary responsibilities of management include planning, directing, and coordinating restaurant operations while adhering to company standards.
- Workers assess staffing needs, recruit new team members, purchase products, act as a support system for all areas of the restaurant, organize training programs, maintain clean and safe restaurants, ensure high quality hospitality, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- A manager may receive anywhere from $35,000 to $150,000 in salary annually.
Tips For Applying
By clicking the Careers tab in the footer on the company homepage, users may access three separate links. The links redirect applicants to either team member, manager, or corporate-level job application forms. Choosing a location of desired hire serves as the first step after selecting a role. Job hopefuls should use current email addresses during the next step, which includes creating an account, so verification emails go to the proper account. The profiles allow users to apply for more than one position, or to apply in the future, without starting the process from scratch each time. While store locations may provide paper job application forms, the company prefers applicants to apply online.
In the case a candidate does not complete the application process for reasons such as running out of time, losing internet connection, or experiencing computer malfunctions, applicants may return to the form at any time with no penalty. Hiring managers only consider completed job application forms. The company requests applicants do not make phone calls because the management staff promises to contact qualified candidates within a week or two to set up interviews.
Benefits of Working at Joe’s Crab Shack
Hourly and salaried workers alike may receive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as vacation time. Other job benefits include:
- Employee discounts allowing associates to take 40-percent off of all retail merchandise
- 50-percent off of meals for up to five guests, and
- Unlimited coffee, tea, and soft drinks during work hours.
More Information on Joe’s Crab Shack
The company facilitates not only in-person exchanges with customers but digital interactions, as well. Visitors may find personal Instagram posts on the company website by clicking the Shack Shots tab located at the header of the homepage. Guests simply use the hashtag #JoesCrabShack or #EatAtJoes so the company may view and repost pictures of food, facilities, and snacking patrons. Each physical location also hosts a souvenir shop that sells items sporting the company logo.
Elbert D Blow says:
I worked for Joe’s Crab Shack before in Louisiana and here in Houston. I really enjoyed it.