Joseph A. Bank, stylized as JoS. A. Bank Clothiers, operates as a prominent retailer of clothing for men specializing in suits priced for the everyday shopper. Aspirants may find work at the store level in a variety of roles, including both career-minded and entry-level jobs.
Facts About Working at JoS. A. Bank
Minimum Age to Work at JoS. A. Bank: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at JoS. A. Bank?)
JoS. A. Bank Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at JoS. A. Bank: Sales Associate, Casual Associate, Visual Display Associate, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder, Tailor, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Manager in Training, Information Security Analyst, Associate Buyer, Database Marketing Analyst, Merchandise Manager, Financial Analyst, Warehouse Worker, Customer Care Specialist, Shipper and Receiver, Customer Service Representative, Model, Security Guard
JoS. A. Bank Job Opportunities
Established in 1905 and with over 600 locations nationwide, JoS. A. Bank continues to market to new customers across the United States, which allows for continued expansion and the opening of new jobs along the way. With an attention to detail, the clothier hires for a variety of entry-level positions in order to best serve a growing patronage. Maryland residents, where the company remains headquartered, may apply for work in distribution warehouse settings in day, evening, and overnight shifts. At the store level, applicants may find purchase as store greeters, stock employees, sales associates, and formal wear specialists.
Applicants seeking career opportunities with the apparel retailer may find positions as tailors and visual merchandisers. The specialized careers may require additional training and education in order to qualify. For individuals with experience in retail or similar industries, roles as managers and key holders remain readily available. JoS. A. Bank frequently promotes from within to district manager, merchandise manager, and buyers at the corporate level. Most promotions to such positions come with both experience and tenure.
JoS. A. Bank Positions and Salary Information
The clothier insists on candidates standing at least 18 years of age in order to apply for positions in-store and at the warehouse. While most entry-level opportunities require little-to-no previous experience or requirements outside of high school diplomas, some specialized roles and managerial positions may require both additional schooling and practice. The most readily available positions sit below:
Store Support Associate
- Working in a stock room capacity, a store support associate must receive merchandise, equipment, and supplies with both accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsibilities include counting, scanning, and weighing items upon delivery while verifying incoming and outgoing merchandise and taking accurate inventories.
- Additionally, employees must regularly inspect merchandise for quality and must move stock to the sales floor, back stock, or designated areas according to size, style, and material.
- A store support associate earns around $9.00 per hour and may work varied shifts according to store need.
- Available in both commissioned and non-commissioned capacities, the position of sales associate offers hourly wages between $8.00 and $10.00.
- Associates must understand merchandise features, fitting techniques, including accurately taking customer measurements, and current fashion trends while responding and interacting with customers in both courteous and enthusiastic manners.
- Each employee should strive to meet personal and company sales goals, maintain professional demeanors at all times, and utilize company resources to build clientele.
- Other requirements typically fall into physical expectations, such as the ability to stand and walk with continuity, frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, and occasionally climbing ladders or using step stools.
Formal Wear Specialist
- Primarily responsible for assisting in the growth of the company tuxedo rental program, each formal wear specialist acts as a mid-level manager with the male-specific clothing retailer.
- Formal wear specialists must show skill in effectively training, mentoring, and supporting store associates on every aspect of the program.
- Specific duties include leading bridal shows, communicating upcoming events to store teams, developing contacts within each market, maintaining tuxedo shop presentations and samples, and traveling to stores to conduct necessary training.
- Unlike most entry-level positions, prior experience in retail and a track record of successful sales may earn hiring preference.
- A formal wear specialist typically earns between $10.00 and $11.00 an hour.
Tips For Applying
To apply for any position with JoS. A. Bank, potentials must complete online applications which may take up to an hour. Gathering pertinent information, such as personal contact information, employer histories with accurate contact data, and educational backgrounds, may expedite the registration and application processes. Candidates fill out application forms, upload resumes, if applicable, and answer specific pre-employment questions. When finished, job seekers should review information before submitting to check for any mistakes or inaccurately inputted information.
Most candidates typically hear back from hiring managers within a few weeks of applying. To communicate genuine desire for available work, job seekers may contact managers within the given timeframe to check on application statuses. Accepted forms of contact remain email, telephoning locations directly, and visiting the preferred store of hire. Additionally, communications should project humble professionalism and respect for the time and unstated duties of the manager. If possible, candidates should conduct status checks during defined slower business hours only.
Benefits of Working at JoS. A. Bank
Regardless of full-time or part-time status, employees receive:
- Access to paid training
- Competitive wages
- Holiday pay
- Employee discounts, and
- Enrollment in 401(k) retirement plans
Eligible full-time employees receive vacation and sick leave, medical and prescription insurance, dental and vision insurance, and flexible spending accounts. Additional work benefits include commuter deductions, employee assistance programs, and legal services.
Additional Information about JoS. A. Bank
The company website offers a wide variety of style advice, guides, and tips for any occasion under the Expert Advice tab. Examples include articles about choosing the right outerwear, office umbrella etiquette, how to tie a tie, and how to match a shoe to a suit. Additionally, consumers may find tips on proper storage of different types of clothing, fashion mistakes to avoid, and how to properly eat while wearing a suit. The advice tab also lists current trends for each season to keep customers looking sharp all year round.