Journeys can trace its roots back to the 1980s. Owned by Genesco, the large shoe retailer carries brands that appeal to teens and young adults.
Facts About Working at Journeys
Minimum Age to Work at Journeys: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Journeys?)
Journeys Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 9:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 10:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Journeys: Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder
Journeys Job OpportunitiesJob Requirements
Those over the age of 16 may fill out a Journeys job application form. The company welcomes anyone who has a pleasant demeanor and an interest in fashion. Previous experience is not necessary to apply, online or in-store.Daily Duties
The primary goal of an entry-level Journeys job is to create a positive atmosphere for patrons. New hires are in charge of assisting shoppers and answering questions. Some light cleaning is required too.Potential Growth
Management positions are accessible to outside candidates, but Journeys prefers to promote from within. Employees have an opportunity to move into long-term career roles with expanded salary options, paid vacations, and medical insurance.
Employment and Salary Information for Journeys
A history in retail could help during the hiring process. However, it is not necessary for entry-level Journeys jobs. The most common openings include:
- Workers must sell enough to meet or exceed goals while providing a fun, helpful shopping destination for customers.
- Ideal sales associates will be able to handle physical tasks, such as climbing, lifting, reaching, and bending, throughout shifts.
- Pay rate depends on location and background, but is typically around $9.00 in hourly wages.
- Employees work full-time hours developing the skills to lead a team.
- Assistant managers continually improve upon corporate guidelines and standards.
- This advanced Journeys job usually yields an annual salary package near $30k.
Tips for Applying
Applicants that have a genuine desire for Journeys jobs should contact employers after a successful interview. Preferred methods are a telephone call or email, though following up in person draws attention to a possible worker.
The hiring process can take a few days to a couple months. Many job hopefuls hear back regarding their initial Journeys applications in about two weeks.
Benefits of Working at Journeys
Stores offer a number of employment benefits to workers. These often increase, determined by the length of Journeys careers.
- Steep discounts are available for both full-time and part-time Journeys jobs.
- Management job benefits contain healthcare coverage and paid time off.
- A veteran employee might receive life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Additional Information about Journeys
The company posts events and promotions on its website. Journeys has several popular competitions and drawings, announcing winners on a consistent basis.