Kate Spade New York offers fashionable accessories, handbags, and clothing for women through over 175 retail outlets. The company maintains an international presence and creates jobs worldwide. Plentiful work opportunities persist for entry-level applicants as well as seasoned professionals.
Facts About Working at Kate Spade
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kate Spade?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Buyer, Account Executive, Logistics Systems Specialist, Raw Materials Specialist, Visual Merchandiser, Visual Manager, International Marketing Assistant, Design Assistant, Loss Prevention Manager
Kate Spade Job Opportunities
As a continually expanding company, Kate Spade New York, also known as Kate Spade, regularly needs to onboard new staff to fill various positions. The demand for employees generates new job openings on a continuous basis. Entry-level employment hopefuls find positions in retail sales settings, while more experienced candidates may obtain management jobs. In addition, the corporation hires aspirants for careers in design, human resources, information technology, marketing, and merchandising. Corporate headquarters for the chain stand in New York City, NY.
Founded in 1993 and eponymously named, Kate Spade manufactures and sells an array of merchandise, with trendy apparel targeted at fashionable women featured prominently. The company values sophisticated and colorful aesthetics and attempts to hire individuals with correspondingly upbeat and professional personalities. Outgoing job seekers interested in fashion retail careers regularly find meaningful employment with the chain. Candidates with fashion-industry backgrounds often gain an advantage during hiring processes, particularly when knowledge relates to chic and fashionable attire for women. Traditionally, females make up a majority of the workforce at the retailer, though the company adheres to equal opportunity employment laws.
Kate Spade Employment and Pay Scales
Fashion-conscious applicants 18 years of age and older may submit hiring forms to the clothier. The chain tends to hire candidates with previous experience and high school diplomas or the equivalent when possible. The following positions routinely prove available:
- Sales associates offer comprehensive customer service on the sales floor.
- Essential responsibilities include providing insight to patrons regarding potential purchases, operating cash registers, replenishing inventory on store shelves, and greeting incoming guests. Employees stand accountable for the cleanliness and presentation of work areas, as well.
- Applicants with sales experience fare well when seeking employment as sales associates, as upselling current promotions or featured items proves a common job duty.
- Largely accessible to most motivated candidates regardless of previous experience, sales associate jobs normally pay hourly wages of about $10.00.
- Leading teams of sales associates, supervisors oversee Kate Spade stores in the absence of store managers.
- In addition to occasionally carrying out sales associate duties, supervisors make bank deposits, oversee store opening and closing procedures, answer questions from subordinate workers, and train new employees as needed.
- Supervisors also maintain awareness of available inventory in each store department in order to provide the most helpful sales advice to customers.
- The retailer prefers to hire candidates with college degrees.
- Pay scales hover around $15.00 hourly.
Tips For Applying
Prepare for interviews by researching Kate Spade beforehand, if possible. Remain conversationally knowledgeable about both the designer and the namesake brand. Interviewers regularly ask applicants to provide specific reasons for interest in the brand. Highlight previous experience where applicable, passion for apparel, and dedication to meeting sales goals. Candidates without prior work history should emphasize open availabilities and willingness to learn. Applicants should also keep in mind the physical demands of jobs with the company, as work sometimes entails unloading merchandise from delivery trucks and moving boxes.
Candidates may apply online or in person for store positions. After submitting hiring forms, applicants typically hear back from staffing personnel within one week or less. However, job seekers may proactively follow up with the employer to show interest in work opportunities. Calling or going in to outlet locations to speak with managers remain effective methods of inquiry. Wait until management finish important tasks before attempting to engage staff members in conversation.
Benefits of Working at Kate Spade
The fashion retailer offers competitive employment benefits to workers as additional compensation for excellent job performances. Work benefits range from health options such as:
- Medical coverage
- Life insurance and maternity leave
- To financial incentives including 401(k) retirement plans
- Pensions and stock purchase options
Employees also enjoy discounts on company merchandise, flexible scheduling options, and paid training. Eligible associates may receive paid time off, as well.
More Information on Kate Spade
Kate Spade maintains a blog to promote company culture and the ideals the brand stands for. The blog, titled Behind the Curtain, began in 2010. Covering topics such as style and fashion advice, music recommendations, and reviews of tourist destinations, Behind the Curtain emphasizes the lifestyle the clothier largely attempts to embody. The blog stands accessible on the company website.