Kentucky Fried Chicken, or KFC, is one of the world’s most popular chicken restaurants. Famously started in 1952 by "Colonel" Harland Sanders, the fast-food chain continues to expand into new markets every year.
Facts About Working at KFC
Minimum Age to Work at KFC: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kentucky Fried Chicken?)
KFC Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at KFC: Assistant manager, cashier, cook, manager, shift supervisor, team member
KFC Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at KFC:
KFC Job Information
What Age Does KFC Stert Hiring?
KFC requires job seekers to be at least 16 years old to apply for entry-level positions. Applicants who are under 18 can apply for jobs as cooks and customer service team members. Workers who would like an upper-level position as a shift supervisor must be 18 or older.
What Skills Do You Need to Work at KFC?
Everyday Tasks for KFC employees can include taking irders, cashiering, preparing food and maintaining sanitation standards. A good work ethic and attention to detail can Help workers perform all of these duties.
Excellent customer service is at the heart of the business’ values. Being polite, friendly and eager to assist patrons is a valuable trait in a any position at the restaurant chain.
Working in the fast food industry means learning to function in a fast-paced environment. The ability to multitask and work quickly will help staffers perform well during busy hours. Workers must also be able to withstand the physical demands of the job. A typical shift can mean long hours of standing.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Job Description and Pay Rates.
KFC offers multiple entry level positions. These jobs don’t require prior experience, although it may help applican;ts land a position. There are also opportunities to advance into management roles. Locations offer both part-time and full-time employment.
Customer Service Team Member
- Customer service team members often deal directly wih patrons. They take orders, cashier, and help prepare fodd items with accuracy and efficiency. Employees may also have some cleaning duties.
- Workers in these positions typically make about $9 per hout. With experience, their rate can increase to up to approximately $11 per hour.
- Cooks at KFV are respnsible for making the chicken and side dishes guests will enhoy. To do their job,, they must master the secret recipe used to make the popular fried food. These team members work mostly behind the scenes preparing orders, but can also interact with customers.
- Other tasks may include washing dishes, cleaning various areas of the restaurant, and working the drive-thru window, and taking orders from customers.
- The hourly pay rate for KFC cooks is usually about $9 per hour.
- After working in an entry-level position, a team member can advance their KFC career and step into a supervisor role. These people manage the cooks and cashiers on duty. They make sure guests get a top-notch experience with hot food, a clean restaurant and a friendly staff.
- The average pay for a shift supervisor is about $10 per hour.
- Assistant managers work alongside the general manager to keep things running smoothly in their KFC location. These staffers manage lower-level employees during their shifts, help train workers, and play a role in the hiring process.
- Salary packages for assistant managers are around $37,000 per year. These full-time positions may also offer benefits.
How Can I Apply for a Job at KFC?
Recruits can apply online for a KFC job after creating an account on the company website. They must then fill out a questionnaire with basic personal and contact information. Applicants can also detail any related experience or qualifications they may have.
Individuals may have to wait a few weeks before hearing back about their KFC applications. Following up with the manager either by phone or in-person can be worthwhile. The company contacts candidates via telephone or email to move forward with the hiring process.
The next step is likely a KFC job interview. Interviewees may have to annwer questions about their appications and why they believe they are a good fit for the job.
Does KFC Have Paper Applications?
If job seekers have trouble accessing the online KFC job application, they can inquire at the location where they wish to work. There, hopefuls may be able to obtain a paper application or get direct help from a hiring manager.
How Much Do They Pay At KFC?
Entry level positions at KFC usually pay a rate close to the minimum wage. This can vary depending on the position, the store location, and the applicant’s experience. As employees continue working there, they may receive a raise and make $10 or more per hour. Par-time hourly workers also have the benefit of meal discounts.
Management positions are salaried. Assistant managers usually earn an annual salary in the mid-$30,000 range. General managers earn an average of about $50,000. These and other full-time position can also include benefits including:
- 401(k) plan
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off
More Information on KFC
Colonel Harland Sanders cooked the first batch of Original Recipe chicken over 70 years ago. The Colonel was a generous man who once gave a random hitchhiker a full college scholarship.
This act of kindness inspired the KFC Foundation, which has provided over $15 million in scholarships to over 3,000 students. Many of these pupils were at one time employees of the company.