How to Get a Job at KFC
This is a complete guide (everything you need to know) for applying to KFC. This guide contains the following information:
Facts About Working at KFC
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kentucky Fried Chicken?)
Available Positions: Cook, Team Member, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Shift Supervisor
How to Apply Online
Applying at KFC
In addition to searching other job portals or visiting a restaurant in person, applicants can apply to KFC jobs online by taking the following steps.
Got to the KFC careers website, and use the form that says “Browse KFC Opportunities in Your Area”
This form will allow you to search for KFC job openings by position and location.
Use the map to refine your location, if needed.
Then, select a job on the left hand side of the page by clicking “Apply Now.”
After choosing to apply, the website directs you to an external job site (my.peoplematter.com) where you can view the job description and choose “Get Started” to begin applying.
Fill out your name and birth date information, then choose a four-digit PIN to save and keep track of your application.
Complete the form by providing contact information, work experience, hours of availability and other necessary details.
If available, you may upload a tailored resume to supplement the online application. Ensure all information is accurate and honest before submitting.
Tips to Apply
When applying for a job at KFC, mention any work experience or skills related to the desired position.
Understand that KFC is a fast-paced environment where team members must work together to provide the best service.
Make sure you can meet all physical demands and that the information provided on the application is accurate.
What to Do After Applying
After submitting an online application, it may take a few days or more to hear back from a hiring manager.
Applicants can also visit a store in person or call the location and ask to speak to management about their application status.
Some managers may even do on-the-spot interviews, so be sure to prepare ahead of time.
KFC Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at KFC:
What Age Does KFC Start?
KFC requires job seekers to be at least 16 years old to apply for entry-level positions.
Applicants who are under 18 can apply for jobs as cooks and customer service team members.
Workers who would like an upper-level position as a shift supervisor must be 18 or older.
What Skills Do You Need to Work at KFC?
Everyday Tasks for KFC employees can include taking orders, cashiering, preparing food and maintaining sanitation standards. A good work ethic and attention to detail can Help workers perform all of these duties.
Excellent customer service is at the heart of the business’ values. Being polite, friendly and eager to assist patrons is a valuable trait in a any position at the restaurant chain.
Working in the fast food industry means learning to function in a fast-paced environment.
The ability to multitask and work quickly will help staffers perform well during busy hours.
Workers must also be able to withstand the physical demands of the job. A typical shift can mean long hours of standing.
Job Descriptions & Salaries.
KFC offers multiple entry level positions. These jobs don’t require prior experience, although it may help applicants land a position.
There are also opportunities to advance into management roles. Locations offer both part-time and full-time employment.
Customer Service Team Member
- Customer service team members often deal directly with patrons.
- They take orders, cashier, and help prepare food items with accuracy and efficiency.
- Employees may also have some cleaning duties.
- Workers in these positions typically make about $9 per hour. With experience, their rate can increase to up to approximately $11 per hour.
- Cooks at KFV are responsible for making the chicken and side dishes guests will enjoy.
- To do their job they must master the secret recipe used to make the popular fried food.
- These team members work mostly behind the scenes preparing orders, but can also interact with customers.
- Other tasks may include washing dishes, cleaning various areas of the restaurant, and working the drive-thru window, and taking orders from customers.
- The hourly pay rate for KFC cooks is usually about $9 per hour.
- After working in an entry-level position, a team member can advance their KFC career and step into a supervisor role.
- These people manage the cooks and cashiers on duty.
- They make sure guests get a top-notch experience with hot food, a clean restaurant and a friendly staff.
- The average pay for a shift supervisor is about $10 per hour.
- Assistant managers work alongside the general manager to keep things running smoothly in their KFC location.
- These staffers manage lower-level employees during their shifts, help train workers, and play a role in the hiring process.
- Salary packages for assistant managers are around $37,000 per year. These full-time positions may also offer benefits.
Does KFC Have Paper Applications?
If job seekers have trouble accessing the online KFC job application, they can inquire at the location where they wish to work. There, hopefuls may be able to obtain a paper application or get direct help from a hiring manager.
How Much Do They Pay At KFC?
Entry level positions at KFC usually pay a rate close to the minimum wage. This can vary depending on the position, the store location, and the applicant’s experience.
As employees continue working there, they may receive a raise and make $10 or more per hour. Par-time hourly workers also have the benefit of meal discounts.
KFC offers employees many ways to grow their careers, including ongoing training programs to help team members develop skills and sometimes earn college credit.
Those interested in corporate jobs work at the company’s headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky, where they perform various tasks in both paid and internship roles.
Workers at this restaurant chain receive incentives and benefits such as free workday meals and staff discounts.
Employees may also be eligible for performance bonuses, company pensions, healthcare insurance options, and holiday pay, depending on how long they’ve worked at KFC.
Note that most restaurants are independently-owned franchises, so benefits may vary.
Corporate employee benefits for those working at the company headquarters might include remote work opportunities and shortened work weeks.
Other perks may include pensions, performance bonuses, health insurance, life insurance, paid time off, and maternity and paternity leave.
More Information on KFC
Kentucky Fried Chicken, commonly known as KFC, is a popular fast-food chain with more than 24,000 locations in 150 countries.
Job seekers throughout the United States can apply for the company’s full-and part-time opportunities and begin a restaurant or corporate job in a workplace that encourages career growth.
Colonel Harland Sanders cooked the first batch of Original Recipe chicken over 70 years ago. The Colonel was a generous man who once gave a random hitchhiker a full college scholarship.
This act of kindness inspired the KFC Foundation, which has provided over $15 million in scholarships to over 3,000 students. Many of these pupils were at one time employees of the company.