With over 100 locations nationwide, K & G Fashion Superstore offers discounted pricing on brand-name fashions for men, women, and children. A subsidiary of Men's Wearhouse, interested candidates may apply both online and in person at a local store.
Facts About Working at K&G Fashion Superstore
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at K&G Fashion Superstore?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Cashier, Merchandise Handler, Keyholder, Stock Room Associate, Maintenance Technician, Designer, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager
K & G Fashion Superstore Job Opportunities
Offering spacious stores with the amenities expected at large department retailers, the chain offers a wide range of merchandise. From career-wear to everything casual, the retailer provides clothing lines such as suits, denims, dresses, hooded sweatshirts, and a variety of shoes for all occasions. Stores also offer expert tailors inside most locations to help satisfy customer garment needs. K & G Fashion Superstore offers tailoring services to online shoppers as well, with ship-to-store services.
Hiring both entry-level and career-minded individuals dedicated to the fashion industry, K & G Fashion Superstore seeks motivated, friendly, and team-oriented applicants with consistency. While most entry-level applicants face only minimal hiring requirements, managers may need additional experience and often further education for hire. Typically, entry-level associates work as sales and stock associates and help guests make selections, take payments, issue appropriate returns. Some locations offer lower-management opportunities, such as key holder positions, as well.
Positions and Salary Information for K & G Fashion Superstore
Most entry-level positions with the fashion retail company require applicants to stand at least 18 years of age and hold either high school diplomas or the equivalent. Along with industry-comparable pay and employee benefits, applicants interested in either working up the corporate ladder or finding part-time employment to fill various needs may find work in the following positions:
- Also called customer service associates, sales associates handle customer purchases, exchanges, credits, and returns in both accurate and efficient manners.
- Employees must handle all sales by properly utilizing store procedures and correct POS systems, process payments, and make proper change, if necessary.
- Sales associates should utilize suggestive selling techniques, assist with replenishing merchandise accordingly, and maintain knowledge of products, store promotions, and advertisements.
- Associates should present friendly demeanors, approachability, and work well in team atmospheres.
- Sales associates generally make minimum hourly wage, with the possibility of earning up to $9.00 an hour over time.
- Managers with the fashion retail chain maintain responsibility for driving sales, increasing productivity, and managing loss.
- Typically, K & G Fashion Superstores operate on a key holder, assistant manager, and store manager hierarchy.
- Key holders represent store associates promoted from within to open and close stores as well as act as supervisors in the stead of managers.
- Assistant managers and store managers perform administrative roles, such as scheduling, hiring and firing, and implementing store promotion.
- In addition, a manager may need to prepare bank deposits, monitor store cleanliness and safety, and maintain merchandising and display presentations.
- Supervisors at most locations must hold high school diplomas or GEDs and should also possess extensive retail knowledge, as many as three years prior to hire.
- Key holders typically earn wages slightly above sales associates, while assistant managers may earn yearly salary options around $25,000 to $30,000.
- A store manager may earn up to $60,000 a year, depending on store location, sales numbers, and tenure.
Tips For Applying
When applying for work with the fashion retailer, interested candidates may submit hiring materials either online via the company web portal or in person at the store location of preferred hire. When applying in person, applicants should dress accordingly, preferably in designs and fashions representative of what the store offers in order to show brand recognition. In addition, fill out each application in full, using blue or black ink, and utilize only the most current information. Applicants applying in person may face initial face-to-face interviews when asking to turn in hiring materials to a manager, so show preparedness as on-the-spot interviews may lead to hire.
Managers generally respond to applications within a week of receipt. In effort to hear back as soon as possible, workers should submit hiring materials with current contact information. For candidates who do not receive immediate call backs or contact, visiting store locations in person may prove beneficial. Following up on all applications in a courteous manner may show persistence and desire to work. Applicants should show restraint and understand peak hours so as to not bother managers performing other tasks.
Benefits of Working at K & G Fashion Superstore
As part of the Men’s Warehouse umbrella of stores, employees receive generous compensation packages while working with K & G Fashion Superstore. In addition to commission structured with rates commensurate with comparable jobs in the industry, sales professionals enjoy flexible scheduling, while management positions also receive bonuses linked to team performances. Furthermore, eligible employees receive health benefits, such as:
- Life and long-term disability insurance
Also, associates may qualify for paid holidays, vacation time, and sick leave. The fashion retail company further offers employees a variety of financial planning options, such as enrollment in 401(k) retirement plans and opportunities to invest in the employee stock discount program. Associates may also qualify for tuition reimbursement and merchandise discounts.
Additional Information about K & G Fashion Superstore
By offering customers up to 70 percent off name-brand merchandise, K & G Fashion Superstore strives to save consumers money. The fashion retailer offers patrons a K & G Rewards card in order to offer special savings, discounts, and coupons to further save customers money. With no need for credit approval in order to enroll, consumers may use the card so long as coupons or discounts remain uncombined, unless otherwise noted. Rewards members may initiate exclusion from emails, mailings, and phone calls at any point once enrolled.