KinderCare believes in the power of play to help children learn and grow. Employment opportunities exist for individuals hoping to foster the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of young children while working in creative, friendly environments.
Facts About Working at KinderCare
Minimum Age to Work at KinderCare: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at KinderCare?)
KinderCare Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:30am-6:00pm; Closed Saturday and Sunday
Available Positions at KinderCare: Teacher, Early Childhood Certified Teacher, Kindergarten Teacher, PreKindergarten Assistant Teacher, Floater Teacher, Early Education Teacher, Team Leader, Toddler Teacher, Cook, Customer Relationship Specialist, Assistant Director, Center Director, Area Manager, District Manager, Employee Relations Representative, Executive Assistant, Facilities Maintenance Technician, Program Coordinator, HR Generalist
KinderCare Learning Center Job Opportunities
Associates teach and care for youngsters ranging from six-week-old infants to 12-year-old kids. Employees make every moment teachable, with curriculum including social interactions, meal etiquette, singing, and playing. In an effort to blend play and structured learning, KinderCare Learning Center teachers instruct children with the goal of meeting 140 learning standards across six disciplines, such as mathematics, creativity, problem solving, literacy, coordination, and social development. The early childhood education professionals who care for children every day remain passionate about creating safe and nurturing learning environments resulting in improved self-esteem.
Workers at the leading childcare center unite on a mission to give every child a strong start in life and uphold rigorous standards, which result in national accreditation by the NAEYC, NAC, and NECPA. Teachers receive more training than any other childcare provider in the United States in order to provide the best teaching strategies, curriculum, health and safety standards, and childhood learning assessments. The company holds yearly training and career development opportunities and encourages employees to retain enthusiasm for learning. Workers may participate in paid training opportunities and receive ongoing guidance throughout tenures with the daycare chain in order to further personal and professional development.
KinderCare Employment and Pay Scales
Inspiring children to grow and explore requires talented teachers as well as support staffs similarly committed to nurturing and delighting young learners. KinderCare accept applications for jobs in various disciplines, such as school housekeepers and cooks as well as teachers. Consult the list below to learn more about positions and salary information:
- KinderCare makes every moment a learning experience and encourages the curiosity of young children.
- Teaching associates find ways to bring warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom each day in order to help children learn and grow.
- Safety stands as a top responsibility of teachers, and workers must adhere to child supervision standards to guide young learners toward positive interactions.
- Employees follow curriculum designed to address the individual needs of each child with developmentally appropriate activities.
- Teachers also participate in regular child learning assessments and engage in parent-teacher conferences.
- Salary packages for the full-time job usually include pay rates close to $11.50 an hour.
- Prospective workers display dedicated attitudes and maintain accreditation standards.
- Candidates must possess valid Child Development Associate Credentials, high school diplomas, CPR and first aid certifications, and the ability to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Preferred applicants hold previous education experience and associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in early childhood education.
- Ensuring learning centers remain clean and safe stands as the primary responsibility of school housekeepers.
- Workers typically utilize brooms, mops, and vacuums to perform cleaning duties.
- Daily tasks include cleaning classrooms, floors, restrooms, hallways, and disposing of garbage.
- When using chemical cleaning agents, associates must follow safety guidelines and product instructions.
- The pay rate for the part-time job comes in at an hourly wage of $13.00.
- Workers must hold high school diplomas and at least one year of janitorial experience.
- Random drug tests, extensive background checks, and valid driver’s licenses also stand required.
- Providing high-quality care means serving healthy and nutritious meals.
- Cooks prepare meals and snacks for young children while following appropriate health standards and nutrition guidelines.
- The part-time position generally pays between $10.00 and $11.00 an hour.
- Employees design creative menu plans within budget limitations and prepare food for children and staff.
- Cooks also hold the responsibility of dispensing medication and maintaining awareness of food allergies and special needs students.
- Daily duties include maintaining hygienically safe kitchen areas, ordering food and supplies, operating in compliance with CACFP guidelines, and assisting in other temporary daily duties throughout the childcare center.
- Desired candidates possess good organizational skills, CPR and first aid training, and valid driver’s licenses.
Tips For Applying
Candidates wishing to begin early childhood education careers must apply online or complete application forms in person. The hiring process may take anywhere from one day to three weeks, depending on the urgency of the job and the number of other applicants. Individuals who apply online must create profiles with personal information, resumes, and cover letters. The interview process consists of interacting with children at the local care center while under observation, and up to two face-to-face interviews.
KinderCare centers usually respond to applications via telephone within a few days of submission. Online applicants may receive notifications of receipt through email. After the interview process concludes, hiring managers may take some additional time to consider further applicants, or may respond immediately with job offers. Candidates who remain unsure of application statuses may call center directors or hiring managers during normal hours of operation.
KinderCare Employee Benefits
Workers enjoy world-class childcare training, friendly work environments, and the opportunity to build professional reputations working for a nationally accredited company.
Full-time associates also receive job benefits, such as:
- 401(k) retirement plans with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Health and wellness programs
- Discounted child care, and healthcare coverage with medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Additional Details on KinderCare
In order to help children succeed in the world of tomorrow, KinderCare offers a bilingual Mandarin and English immersion program developed by top linguists from around the world. The curriculum encompasses basic Mandarin vocabulary words, family names, foods, and body parts as well as certain aspects of Chinese culture. Stimulating, age-appropriate activities, which include hands-on involvement, inspire young learners to develop the bilingual skills necessary to communicate in a globally connected world.