Billed as a top amusement park in California, Knott's Berry Farm works hard to deliver fun and satisfying experiences for local customers and visiting tourists alike. The popular destination ensures guest satisfaction by hiring employees committed to serving park goers courteously and efficiently.
Facts About Working at Knott's Berry Farm
Minimum Age to Work at Knott's Berry Farm: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Knott's Berry Farm?)
Knott's Berry Farm Hours of Operation: Open every day: 10:00am-10:00pm
Available Positions at Knott's Berry Farm: Ticket Sales Agent, Sales Clerk, Games Attendant, Park Admissions Attendant, Park Service Attendant, Ride Operator, Ride Technician, Groundskeeper, Food and Beverage Associate, Ride Maintenance Mechanic, Housekeeper, Front Desk Associate, Maintenance Technician, Bellman, Driver, Assistant Park and Hotel Manager, General Park and Hotel Manager
Knott’s Berry Farm Job Opportunities
Location greatly contributes to the immense popularity and considerable staffing needs of the themed amusement park. Knott’s Berry Farm operates in Southern California, where consistent pleasant weather enables the park to remain open year-round. Maintaining operations continuously throughout the year creates opportunities for part-time as well as full-time employment and separates the California-based property from other major amusement parks, which often hire workers on a seasonal basis. The Southern California location of the theme park also puts the venue within reach of roughly 20 million residents, who visit the tourist destination at a rate of more than 3 million per annum and prompt the hiring of new workers at various times during the year.
Knott’s Berry Farm attracts increasing numbers of customers and ensures the year-round availability of jobs by offering a diverse selection of entertainment options. The amusement park boasts more than 165 different rides, shows, and attractions, which each depend on the work of employees to function successfully. In addition to hiring workers to operate rides and participate in staged productions, the theme park employs associates in the many food stands and dining establishments located throughout the vast property. The extensiveness of the property also creates the need to hire park attendants, custodians, and maintenance workers on a regular basis. Job seekers must apply for available positions in person at the onsite employment center.
Knott’s Berry Farm Positions and Salary Information
While professional opportunities for experienced workers arise frequently, Knott’s Berry Farm typically makes entry-level jobs available in far greater numbers. The amusement park routinely hires entry-level candidates with no experience, trains new associates extensively, and therefore serves as an ideal place of employment for job seekers looking to join the workforce for the first time. Entry-level opportunities generally feature a minimum hiring age of either 16 or 18, depending on the type of work involved. The following job titles represent a sampling of the most commonly available positions:
- Park attendants create inviting and aesthetically pleasing atmospheres for guests by maintaining the cleanliness of Knott’s Berry Farm.
- The essential position involves various housekeeping duties, such as sweeping the grounds, keeping walkways clear of debris, cleaning and replenishing the restrooms, emptying trash receptacles, and clearing tables at outdoor dining areas.
- Park attendants also provide visitors with information and directions when requested.
- Friendly and outgoing individuals generally make the best candidates for park attendant jobs, which carry an age minimum of 16 years and require no experience.
- Park attendants usually earn minimum wage or slightly more per hour.
- Another job opportunity with no requirements mandating previous experience, the position of ride operator features a number of responsibilities pertaining to the safety of riders.
- Welcoming guests to the ride, explaining and enforcing any ride restrictions, seating riders, and ensuring the proper application of safety restraints comprise the major duties of ride operator jobs.
- Ride operators also keep rides clean and report any maintenance or safety issues to the proper personnel.
- Due to the attention to detail and adherence to safety standards the entry-level position demands, candidates must either meet a minimum age requirement of 18 or possess a high school diploma.
- Ride operator positions typically pay up to $9.00 an hour.
- Food attendants work throughout the park at various concession stands and dining outlets.
- The job primarily entails providing assistance to customers purchasing menu items.
- Food attendants accurately record guest orders, ring up sales using cash registers, accept payments and make change as necessary, and distribute completed orders to the appropriate customers.
- Additional duties include heating and preparing menu items, packaging food orders, cleaning work areas, and washing dishes.
- Like park attendant jobs, food attendant positions impose a minimum hiring age of 16, require no prior experience, and pay around minimum wage.
Tips For Applying
Knott’s Berry Farm instructs job seekers to apply in person at the employment center located onsite at the amusement park. To expedite the process, prospective employees may download the application from the theme park website and fill out the form ahead of time. The application form asks for personal data, such as address and social security number, as well as information regarding availability, education, work experience, and criminal history. Applicants should fill out each section of the document honestly, completely, and neatly while using blue or black ink to demonstrate familiarity with professional norms. Job seekers indicating willingness to work a variety of days and shifts typically gain the advantage over candidates who provide more restrictive hours of availability on the application. To make the best impression possible, applicants should dress accordingly and make every effort to look professional when dropping off the completed form at the employment center.
Entry-level job seekers often increase chances for employment by following up on the status of submitted applications. To follow up, candidates should contact the Knott’s Berry Farm Employment Center about a week or two after applying. Directing follow-up questions specifically to the manager responsible for hiring frequently produces desirable results, while dressing up and visiting the amusement park in person generally makes a stronger statement than contacting the potential employer over the phone.
Benefits of Working at Knott’s Berry Farm
Knott’s Berry Farm jobs come with flexible scheduling options:
- Career advancement potential, and pay rates commensurate with the amusement park industry.
- Employees also enjoy discounts on park admission and merchandise.
- Additional employment benefits, such as health insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, and annual salary options, generally remain restricted to associates in professionally advanced positions.
Additional Information on Knott’s Berry Farm
Founded in 1920, Knott’s Berry Farm ranks as the first themed amusement park in the United States. Particularly renowned for hosting seasonal events each fall and winter, the theme park becomes known as Knott’s Scary Farm around Halloween and Knott’s Merry Farm at Christmastime. In addition to standard attractions like roller coasters and arcade games, the amusement park offers access to a neighboring water park featuring an additional 20 rides. The property also features a full-service resort hotel. Owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment since 1997, the Southern California-based destination operates as a sister brand to 11 other amusement parks located across the U.S. and Canada.