Krispy Kreme looks for dedicated, team-oriented employees willing and desiring to grow both personally and professionally. Constantly expanding, the coffee and donut shop franchise must consistently add to the more than 4,000 current employees in order to maintain everyday operations.
Facts About Working at Krispy Kreme
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Krispy Kreme?)
Available Positions: Baker, Cook, Team Member, Delivery Driver, Assistant Manager, Manager
How to Apply Online
Step 1: Go to https://apply.jobappnetwork.com/krispy and click on “Career Search.”
Step 2: Next, enter your city and state into the form field. No need to enter a position since the results will begin to display on your screen as you add your location data.
Step 3: Find the job opening you want and then click the Apply button.
Step 4: Now the review the job description and click the Apply button again if you lke what you see.
Step 4: Now you will be taken to a new site (jobappnetwork.com) where you will need to create a full profile.
This step will take some time. But, fill out all of the personal information carefully since this is the final process for submitting your application. Good luck!
Tips For Applying
Interested applicants may apply for various positions by searching the company website and choosing from various available work titles. Once selected, candidates fill out profiles in order to provide basic hiring information, previous employment, education, and reference information. Applicants should take around 15 to 30 minutes to accurately fill out the application form. Gather information ahead of time with the intention of ensuring accuracy, completeness, and up-to-date information. Candidates may also wish to fill out paper applications at a location of choice, though applying online affords applicants the opportunity to pursue multiple positions at once.
Potential employees receive email confirmation upon submission of hiring materials at the conclusion of the application process. Recruitment personnel typically take up to two weeks to respond to employment requests. Applicants may wish to contact hiring managers in order to check application statuses. To do so, either contact the store of preference by phone or email and politely ask for a manager. Job seekers who check on job statuses in person may need to call ahead to ask for the best time to meet with a manager to avoid interrupting daily business.
Then, prepare for the Krispy Kreme interview.
What is Like to Work There?
Listen to former employees discuss working at Krispy Kreme:
Krispy Kreme endeavors to remain a worldwide leader sharing delicious pastries while creating lasting memories for patrons and employees alike.
Promotion from Within
Focused on the goals of continued expansion, marketability, and profitability, the company continually fills long-term and short-term roles encouraging promotion and advancement from within.
Different Kinds of Opportunities
Employees work in retail chains around the world as well as distribution centers and corporate offices. Each area of operation offers employment openings in both entry-level jobs and professional vocations.
No Experience Necessary
Starting out, employees typically work in entry-level positions such as team member, production specialist, and as delivery drivers. While prior experience remains the company preference, Krispy Kreme often hires employees with little to no backgrounds in the donut industry as long as candidates show viable interests in learning, growing, and following company procedures.
The company typically offers interested applicants opportunities to work as manager trainees before moving on to assistant manager positions.
Positions and Salary Information
Krispy Kreme requests employees stand at least 16 years old to apply for most entry-level positions. Other positions like production specialist or driver may necessitate applicants stand at least 18 years old in lieu of working with kitchen equipment and driving requirements. The most commonly sought positions include:
- Team members hold responsibility for providing friendly and efficient service to clientele.
- Duties include answering customer questions, accurately taking and completing orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques, and accepting payments while competently completing transactions.
- In addition, employees must restock products to ensure freshness, examine products for quality control purposes, and perform any sanitation duties to maintain clean, safe, and sanitary locations.
- Team members must possess friendly, upbeat, and team-oriented personalities, as well.
- A team member may earn between $8.00 and $9.00 an hour.
- Employees in the production specialist role must prepare products in accordance with company expectations and standards.
- Functions include preparing all manners of production, including the dough, yeast additives, glazes, and fillings while monitoring and correcting any problems or issues in procedure.
- Applicants should possess basic knowledge of weights and measurements, exceptional attention to detail, understanding health and safety standards, and the ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, stand, twist, lift, and walk.
- Production specialists typically earn around $9.00 per hour.
- A delivery driver performs multiple duties including loading and unloading delivery product, driving to and from destinations, and interacting with customers to take payments.
- Other tasks may comprise of performing simple vehicle maintenance, lifting heavy packages, and utilizing warehouse equipment on occasion.
- The ideal applicant should hold a safe driving record, the ability to follow and obey speed limits and road signs, and remains consistently punctual.
- Delivery drivers make up to $14.00 hourly.
Managerial roles typically hold more stern hiring requirements, including high school diplomas or higher, previous experience working in retail or hospitality, and a defined ability to grow sales while leading groups of individuals.
- Managers supervise teams, drive sales, maintain quality control, respond to customer inquiries and complaints, and build quality teams focused on providing excellent customer services.
- Employees in supervisory roles must hire, train, schedule, and oversee subordinate employees on a daily basis.
- Other duties include ensuring maximum profitability versus expenditures through expert account keeping, maintaining company standards in production, safety, and sanitation, and navigating successful marketing techniques.
- Entry-level employees may receive promotion to shift supervisor, assistant manager, or general manager positions with tenure and experience.
- The company considers outside candidates for such positions, as well.
- A shift supervisor may earn up to $11.00 an hour, while assistant and general manager salary options range from $35,000 to $50,000 annually.
Krispy Kreme offers employees competitive work benefits packages. While eligibility typically depends on specific positions and whether or not employees work full-time or part-time schedules, all associates qualify for some job benefits. Along with competitive wages, food discounts, and paid trainings, employees may receive paid vacations, holiday pay, and personal days. Additional work benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as prescription discount plans and flexible spending accounts.
The company also provides financial planning, such as:
- 401(k) retirement plans savings
- Enrollment in wellness programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance, and
- Various other partner discount programs.