With more than 2,700 locations across the country, Kroger is one of the largest supermarket chains in the United States. Founded in 1883 in Cincinnati, OH, the company currently has locations in more than 30 states. Individuals looking to gain employment with Kroger can find exciting options in many fulfilling roles within the company.
Facts About Working at Kroger
Minimum Age to Work at Kroger: 14 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kroger?)
Kroger Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Kroger: Bagger, cashier, clerk, fuel attendant, manager, pharmacy technician, stocker, store associate, store clerk
Kroger Employee Interview Videos
Listen to Kroger employees discuss their jobs:
Kroger Job Opportunities
Working at the retail company presents staff with various opportunities, challenges, and responsibilities. Kroger provides many entry-level jobs for individuals who are eager to learn. Since the business has multiple departments and types of jobs, individuals can potentially find a position suited to their skillset or interest.
The company is always looking to fill openings with hard-working employees. Hopefuls searching for a job at Kroger can apply online at one of the open Kroger jobs in their area. Wondering if Kroger is hiring? People can check the company’s website and fill out a Kroger online application. After submitting an application, potential hires can log in and check their Kroger application status online for any updates.
For those asking, “How do I apply at Kroger online?” or “How do I submit an application to Kroger?” the answer is simply by going through the company’s website. Individuals can create an account and enter their personal information such as education and work history when filling out a Kroger job application.
It’s important to remember that Kroger hiring requirements and pay can differ. Individuals asking “How much does Kroger pay?” will find that it varies depending on experience and position. While some entry-level jobs can start at minimum wage, store managers will likely be on salary.
Kroger Careers and Salary Information
When applying, you’ll discover that Kroger positions offer competitive pay and benefits. As you look for a job at your local Kroger, it’s important to consider what jobs may be the best fit for you based on your background. Kroger offers jobs in fields such as grocery retail, manufacturing, distribution, and health and wellness. A few popular jobs at Kroger are:
- These employees assist customers throughout the store.
- Clerks can work in the bakery, deli, dairy, grocery, or produce to help shoppers find items and answer questions.
- While wages may differ by location and experience, the average pay for a clerk is usually around $10.00 per hour.
- Consult the Kroger grocery clerk job description to learn more about the position.
- Baggers assist customers by conveniently placing their items in a bag at the register.
- They can also help shoppers out to their vehicles if necessary.
- Other duties may include cleaning, returning items to shelves, and bringing in carts.
- The average pay for this job is about $9.00 an hour.
- For more information, check out the Kroger bagger job description.
- Responsibilities and tasks for a cashier include operating the register, handling money, and answering customer questions.
- Cashiers may also help bag groceries. On average, these employees make around $9.00 per hour.
- You can read more about the Kroger cashier job description here.
- Kroger has a number managerial positions ranging from floor supervisor to store manager.
- Job duties can include setting work schedules, hiring and training new employees, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Many floor supervisors earn roughly $9.00 per hour, while an assistant manager makes approximately $52,000 annually.
Job Application Status
Wondering “How do I check my Kroger application status?” You can log in to your account and view your status. If you’re asking yourself “Should I call Kroger after applying?”, consider waiting at least a week before following up with the store since management can be busy with other responsibilities.
Kroger Job Benefits
Many Kroger jobs offer benefits, though the specifics depend on if the position is full-time or part-time and if the job qualifies as a management position. Eligible Kroger employees can receive benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Exclusive discounts
- Continuing education benefits
More Information about Kroger
Kroger shares a mission with Feeding America to ensure hunger relief across the nation. During the holiday season, the grocery store chain donates millions of meals to families in need. Individuals can enter their zip code to find local food banks near them if they want to help.