Kroger has over 2,700 locations and is one of the largest supermarket chains in the United States. The company is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, where it has been since 1883.
Facts About Working at Kroger
Minimum Age to Work at Kroger: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Kroger?)
Kroger Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Kroger: Cashier, Meat Clerk, Grocery Clerk, Store Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Assistant Produce Buyer, Pharmacy Technician, Jewelry Assistant Manager, Support Center Analyst, Customer First Clerk, Floral Manager, Grocery Night Stock Leader, Deli Coordinator, Produce Coordinator, Bakery Coordinator, Grocery Coordinator, Adult Beverage Department Manager, Grocery Department Manager, Retail Store Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, Store Management Trainee
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Kroger Employee Interview Videos
Listen to Kroger employees discuss their jobs:
Kroger Job Opportunities
Typical Positions and hiring Requirements
Found in more than 35 states, Kroger hires workers to fill various customer service roles. Entry-level jobs include cashier, courtesy clerk, and department associates. Employees can be either full-time or part-time and can expect to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Applicants must be 18 years old to apply.
Opportunities to Advance
New stores and some turnover lead to consistent openings with the grocery chain. Kroger offers numerous career options to those with previous experience and additional education. Entry-level workers can also earn promotion to manager roles over time.
Kroger Positions and Salary Information
The company accepts job applications from those seeking part-time and full-time jobs. Kroger looks for employees with good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment. The following roles are commonly available:
- Kroger stores require employees to work in different departments to better serve customers.
- Also called sales associates, workers can be assigned to the bakery, deli, dairy, grocery, or produce departments to help patrons find items and answer questions.
- Clerks can make up to $9.00 an hour.
- Consult the Kroger grocery clerk job description to learn about stocking positions with the supermarket chain.
- Courtesy clerks bag groceries and take them out to customer vehicles.
- Employees should be prompt, cheerful, and able to perform basic manual labor.
- Other duties include cleaning, returning items to shelves, and retrieving carts.
- Courtesy clerks at Kroger start at minimum hourly wage.
- Take a look at the Kroger bagger job description.
- Responsibilities include operating computerized cash registers, taking payments, and answering customer questions.
- Kroger cashiers work varied shifts and typically earn around $8.00 per hour.
- Read the Kroger cashier job description.
- Cashiers should be kind, courteous, and patient individuals.
- Ranging from floor supervisors to store managers, Kroger management positions delegate work and supervise entry-level employees.
- Specific job duties include setting work schedules, hiring and training new employees, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Floor supervisors pay rates are around $9.00 to $10.00 per hour.
- Assistant managers generally start off making $17.00 an hour while store managers earn around $60,000 per year.
- Browse the Kroger manager job description.
Tips For Applying
Applying for positions at Kroger is easy with their user-friendly website. Candidates should create profiles, search recently posted positions, and apply electronically. The option to apply in person is available, as well.
Applicants can follow up on the statuses of their applications by logging online and selecting the job management tab. On average, individuals should expect to wait between one and two weeks. Hiring managers at a Kroger store typically call to set up initial interviews.
Benefits of Working at Kroger
Workers have access to medical insurance, life insurance, and other healthcare coverage. Qualifying Kroger employees also:
- Can enroll in 401(k) retirement plans
- Receive tuition assistance
- Get adoption benefits
- Earn paid vacation, paid time off, and sick leave.
Additional Information on Kroger
Kroger shares a mission with Feeding America to ensure hunger relief across the nation. In 2014, over 270 million meals were donated by Kroger, which is over five million meals a week. During the holiday time, the grocery store chain donates around 33 million meals. Web users can enter their zip codes to find the food banks nearest to them.