As one of the oldest quick-service food chains in the Southern United States, Krystal offers an array of both classic and original fast food items to thousands of patrons each day. With constant demand for menu items like the "Famous Krystal" and the "Chili Cheese Pup", the restaurant chain frequently hires on new employees to complete food preparation tasks and interact with customers at more than 350 locations. The restaurant often posts job openings on the company website where employment hunters may apply online with ease.
Facts About Working at Krystal
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Krystal?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Cashier, Cook, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, General Manager, Director of Development, District Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Krystal Job Opportunities
The fast food chain welcomes first-time job seekers as well as workers with only some experience in the food service industry. Krystal typically looks for hardworking associates with friendly and reliable qualities to fill entry-level positions. Employees enjoy flexible scheduling options and competitive base pay. Workers also hone valuable customer service skills and become acquainted with restaurant processes during employment with the quick-service food chain.
Krystal holds in-house promotion in high regard, as many associates start out as crew members before advancing into managerial careers. Workers who demonstrate leadership potential, administrative competency, and comprehensive understanding of restaurant operations often earn managerial jobs with the fast food chain. Supervisors and managers assign duties to subordinate employees and ensure locations retain all the necessary resources to serve customers daily. While managers may work longer hours and perform more rigorous tasks, the company rewards upper-level associates with great salaries and employee benefits packages.
Krystal Employment Opportunities and Pay Scales
Job seekers 16 years or older qualify for entry-level positions. The company may require applicants vying for supervisory roles like shift leader to possess several months of experience with Krystal or another fast food restaurant. Managerial candidates often need two or three years of restaurant industry background, high school diplomas, and valid driver’s licenses to qualify for upper-level positions like general or assistant general manager. Some of the most popular job titles the regional fast food chain hires for include:
- Crew associates take orders, cook food, assemble meals, operate cash registers, and keep locations looking clean.
- While some restaurants hire on employees to perform one specific task consistently, Krystal crew associates often rotate duties.
- Crew members must learn how to perform all tasks crucial to basic restaurant operations in order to bounce back and forth between duties.
- A crew associate may operate the cash register on one shift and perform grill or frying duties on the next.
- Crew associates often earn hourly pay between minimum wage and $9.00.
- Entry-level workers who excel at crew associate tasks often earn promotions to shift leader jobs.
- Shift leaders open and close restaurant locations, solve customer-related problems, and ensure associates perform quality work during each shift.
- Associates may also perform additional duties as assigned by upper management.
- Shift leader pay hovers between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- Restaurant management associates must see to the success of Krystal locations through loss prevention, hiring and training, scheduling, supervising, upholding cleanliness standards, ensuring product quality, meeting sales goals, and maintaining proper inventory.
- General managers often hire on assistant general managers to share operational workloads.
- Managers must also keep restaurant appliances and tools in proper working condition by scheduling routine maintenance and inspecting machinery on a regular basis.
- Assistant general managers make annual salary options around $30,000 to $35,000, while the average general manager earns in excess of $50,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Krystal fast food restaurants operate in the competitive burger market and search for motivated and dedicated associates to bolster company successes. The primarily Southern-based chain looks for individuals with patience, the ability to multitask, and open availability, especially at start. Candidates usually undergo rounds of questioning during the hiring process, with managers posing hypothetical circumstances job hopefuls must navigate with well-thought and critical answers. Research positions desired and frame brief answers for standard inquiries into customer service, food safety, and reliability to impress management and boost chances of employment.
Individuals in search of entry-level roles typically complete the hiring process within a few days, while managerial candidates may spend up to two or three weeks going through the necessary procedures for onboarding and review. Due to the short turnarounds on employment documents for team member positions, applicants may not need to check back on application statuses before receiving phone calls to schedule interviews with managers. However, motivated job seekers may call or visit locations within 48 hours of submitting the documents to ask about the next steps in the hiring process or prod further into general expectations upon hire, pay, or opportunities for advancement.
Benefits of Working at Krystal
Krystal offers employees generous job benefits, like bonus opportunities, healthcare options, food discounts, and flexible work schedules. Associates often become eligible to receive:
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans and paid time off
The company also offers advancement opportunities, with qualified associates often building meaningful careers with the regional fast food chain.
Supplemental Information on Krystal
Using the company website, the quick service food retailer also lists corporate job opportunities online. The company needs talented professionals to take on accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, and customer service jobs in different states where corporate offices exist. Aspiring general managers also find job openings online, and the company lists qualifications along with instructions on how to apply.
yes they train you and yes they prefer that you have worked fast food before okay
Charlene Padgett says:
I have several years of experience with The Krystal Company, as a Team member, Assistant Manager, and General Manager. I worked at most of the Jacksonville locations, as well as both of the Orange Park locations, and St. Augustine. I continue to hold a special place in my heart for the company. Thank you.